Chapter XXIV; Peace

Yuki blocked a burst of magic from the Scarlet Tango Heartless she was fighting. Beside her number nine, Myruai blocked magic from the Yellow Opera's. Yuki ducked underneath Myruai's outstretched arm. She jumped up and slashed the Yellow Opera's out of the sky. Myruai turned on the Scarlet Tango's and brought her flute to her lips. She played a quick melody that caused the Heartless to fall the ground and vanish.

The brown haired elite frowned looking at where the Heartless had vanished. Her blue eyes stared at nothing, clouded with thought. Yuki looked at her concerned.

"Myruai?" Yuki asked cautiously. Myruai jumped. She focused on to Yuki with a curious expression. Yuki noticed the Heartless emblem she had was blue outlined in black. The charm on her coat was a music note.

"What is it Yuki?" Myruai asked.

"You just kinda zoned out." Yuki said. Myruai looked up at the sky, trying to think of her reason for zoning out. She tapped her chin with her index finger.

"I guess I just didn't want to fight today." Myruai decided. "After all, we were supposed to be doing recon not fighting." She explained motioning off to the side with her hands. Yuki furrowed her eyebrows in thought.

"What's so bad about fighting?" Yuki asked. Myruai rubbed the back of her head with a nervous laugh.

"Well, I just really don't like fighting. I think it's wrong." Myruai said. "I mean, we're Heartless so we shouldn't hurt our own kind. But at the same time, we used to be Somebodies so hurting them is just as wrong." She explained, glancing at Yuki. Yuki looked at the ground thinking about what Myruai had said. It held some merit but wasn't completely true.

"But don't Somebodies hurt us?" Yuki asked softly. Myruai smiled a little at Yuki. She placed her hand on Yuki's head and ruffled her hair, earning several swats from Yuki.

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind," Myruai said placing her hands in her pockets. Yuki looked up at her confused. Myruai gave her a closed eye smile and turned to walk away. "I'm one for peace. Violence doesn't solve problems." She said. Yuki frowned once again.

"What's peace?" Yuki asked, following after Myruai. Myruai laughed. It sounded like a birds song to Yuki.

"You're kidding, right?" Myruai asked looking over her shoulder at the younger Heartless. Yuki shook her head with a straight face. Myruai stopped and looked at her surprised, a placed and on her hip. "Seriously, no ones explained that to you? And you don't remember it?" She asked.

Yuki looked down and shrugged. Her eyes moved around, avoiding the gaze of her superior. Myruai watched her for a minute, waiting to hear if she actually replied. When she didn't, Myruai sighed.

"Tell you what. As soon as we're done I'll show you. I have a good world in mind." She said. Yuki looked up at her and nodded slowly.

"Uh, sure I guess." Yuki agreed. Myruai smirked, turning her back on Yuki again.

"We don't have much more to do. Just checking out Maleficent's castle. See if she found out more than she should have." Myruai said guiding the way through the canyon to the castle in question. Yuki remembered being in this world the first time. She had stolen her first and last heart here.

Inside the castle was nothing but dark rooms and Shadow Heartless. Their search proved fruitless as they came to a stop in a strange room with a heart-shaped hole in the wall. Yuki looked at it confused. There were many pipes surrounding the hole, going into the walls and floor. Yuki suppressed a shudder. Something about this place was wrong.