Chapter XXIX; Sky And Water

Yuki looked up at the tall chair in front of her. She stood in the center of the platform the chairs surrounded with her head held high. Tayressa looked down at her from the chair directly in front of her. To either side of Tayressa was Syrine and Aysui on their own chairs. Syrine didn't seem to be paying attention while Aysui was glaring at her.

"You failed once again," Tayressa said calmly. "Why is it so difficult for you to complete such a simple task?" She asked. Syrine rolled her eyes, flipping her silver hair over her shoulder.

"Why should I have to?" Yuki asked, not taking her gaze away from Tayressa. Tayressa looked at Yuki in mild shock, her eyebrows raising only a slight bit. "Plenty of other Heartless are capable and I am not. The mere thought of watching it happen makes me feel sick."

"But you were the one assigned to the task," Aysui said. Tayressa held her hand up to silence Aysui. Syrine snickered from Tayressa's other side.

"But it's clear I won't complete it," Yuki responded to Aysui. "Why insist I do something you know I'm not capable of?" Her voice was much stronger than she thought it would be. She wasn't showing the fear that she thought might have been present.

"I suppose you're right. We should stick to giving you simple missions. One's more tuned to your skill set." Tayressa said. Her deep red eyes watched Yuki amused. "You can go about your day now." She said, dismissing the younger Heartless.

Instead of leaving Yuki continued to gaze up at the other three. Her mind was filled with thoughts. This was her chance to ask. She might get answers to the questions no one seemed to know the answer to.

"Why are we doing this?" Yuki asked. Tayressa looked at her calmly.

"Doing what?" Tayressa asked softly. Yuki's fist clenched tightly as she held back the urge to yell at Tayressa.

"Trying to get Kingdom Hearts? Why is a heart so important? Why do we even exist?" Yuki asked, now fighting to keep calm. Tayressa waved her hand towards the two in the chairs. They nodded and disappeared in vortexes of darkness.

"I should think these answers are obvious." Tayressa said. Her voice was soft. Yuki could detect hints of what reminded her of disappointment. But she wasn't completely sure.

"They're not." Yuki said stubbornly. Tayressa smiled and softly sighed.

"You're so young. You wouldn't understand." She said. Yuki glared towards her.

"Try me." She challenged. Tayressa shook her head with a laugh.

"I think not," Tayressa said. "But, if you must know. We exist so no one can ever forget, we were once human." She smiled at Yuki one more time before disappearing just as the other two had. Yuki frowned in frustration. The conversation hadn't answered most of her questions. It barely answered one. She still didn't understand. And she couldn't help but think the elite was hiding something from her.

*<3*

Day 225- Why?,
I spoke to Tayressa today. She was trying to figure out why I wasn't completing missions I was assigned. After she decided I wasn't at fault I tried figuring out why we were doing these things. But I found out why we exist. To remind everyone we were once human.
I saw X and Y for a little. Apparently next vacation we all are going to the beach together. I don't think that vacation can come soon enough.