Crazy

It was tough getting back to normal life. I had to convince my boss and Kelsey about the whole sick dad thing. They bought it surprisingly easy and I was only given a warning for missing two days of work, thankfully Kane decided to kidnap me on my off week. Dinner with Aidan had helped us to rekindle our innocent romance and things were back on track.

These days I was feeling amazing! I had a ton of energy and everything looked and sounded a thousand times better. I was chalking it off to my kidnap and release, and the fact that I wasn't buried in a hole in Kane's backyard.

I hadn't seen hide or hair of the guy and I was starting to chill out. This was going to be just another one of those strange events I could leave in the past. If nothing else Jason had conditioned me to deal with crisis' well. I laughed to myself at the thought that I could be thankful to Jason for anything.

I kept waiting for animal control to send out a notice saying that they had finally rounded up the wild dogs, but apparently there hadn't been any more sightings. I hoped that was for the best and maybe they had moved on to invade some other town. Kelsey came up to me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey girl, how are things going with you and Aidan?" she asked slyly.

Kelsey had been waiting for me to finally tell her about all the crazy good sex we were having and nothing could convince her we hadn't done it yet.

"Kelsey you're killing me here! Aidan and I haven' -"

"What haven't we done?"

An arm slipped around me from behind and Kelsey hid a smile behind her hand. I blushed from my roots to the tips of my toes. I could probably die right then and there.

"Nothing," I replied turning, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get some lunch. Thought I would stop in and say hi."

Aidan thankfully didn't question me more about the conversation Kelsey and I had been having but he gave me a knowing smirk. I rolled my eyes at him and handed him a menu.

"Go sit down I'll bring your tea in a minute."

He gave me a quick kiss and went to sit down in my section. Aidan came to eat here maybe once a week during work, and I liked having him here. It made me feel safe.

"He is head over heels for you!" Kelsey exclaimed softly.

I wanted to deny it but Aidan made almost every excuse to see me, and he was pretty much the perfect guy.

"Maybe," I whispered back with a smile.

I was turning to go get Aidan's drink when the hair on my arms stood up as goose flesh lit my skin. I didn't want to turn. My body knew who was behind me, but my brain was playing catch up.

"Table for one please," his voice felt like a caress, but the small shudder I gave wasn't from pleasure. I turned finally to see Kane standing a few steps behind me. Eyes locking on mine I swallowed slowly.

"Cassie, you'll have to get him my section is full and Brandie hasn't come in yet," I nodded wordlessly and tried to act casual. I still hadn't moved or said a word. "Cassie?" Kelsey spoke again.

She was looking back and forth between Kane and I. I was sure the blood had left my face when I heard his voice but I started pulling myself back together. The last thing I wanted was this creep being around Kelsey.

"Sure. No problem Kelsey. If you'll follow me please, sir?"

I had barely stopped myself from calling him Kane. I didn't want Kelsey to ask questions I couldn't, wouldn't, answer. Kane smiled at me, but it wasn't a friendly smile. Again I felt like prey, I wondered if he had that effect on everyone or just the girls he kidnapped.