Pheromones

By the time I was finished explaining I was starving. I had recounted the entire tale from beginning to end. Kane's face had started out hard, and was now stuck in a look of utter disbelief.

"Cassie, I can't believe that this happened to you. I don't understand what Miguel wanted with you, but I will find out. The only part that doesn't add up though is the end. There is no way you could have taken on all those wolves on your own."

Feminist outrage rose in me quicker than I thought possible. Nice to know Kane didn't believe I was capable of taking care of myself.

"Excuse me?"

My voice betrayed the anger I was feeling. Why Kane would think I would make anything up about my current situation was beyond me. Just when he was finally getting on my good side he would do or say something dumb and piss me off again.

"Hey, calm down. I'm not trying to say you wouldn't be capable I'm saying your story isn't plausible. There is no such thing as just shifting one body part. It is an all or nothing transformation." Kane looked irritated that I didn't believe him.

"So what, you're just saying I vividly imagined drawing my clawed hands through a man's stomach and spilling out his guts?"

"Cassie. That is not... well I'm saying that, but not like you think. I'm just saying you were under an unusual amount of stress and sometimes people can... misunderstand how things happened," He thought I misunderstood.

"I DON'T FUCKING SEE HOW I CAN MISUNDERSTAND SOMETHING LIKE THAT. MY HANDS WERE CLAWS KANE, FUCKING CLAWS."

As I screamed my absolute heart out I felt a tingling in my palms. It seemed that my recent experience had altered my reaction to this, because instead of freaking out I smiled.

The look on my face must have been horrific because Kane's face paled.

"Cassie?"

His voice sounded like he was trying to soothe a wild animal, and with all the rage flowing through my body I felt like one. The tingling in my hands stopped and I smiled even wider. Kane's eyes widened as he took in my elongated, sharpened teeth. I licked my lips, we were both frozen.

I lunged forward. In the blink of an eye Kane was pinned beneath me. One of my clawed hands was ripping into the bed beside him and the other was gripping his throat. The tips were denting in his skin, pulling it taunt, but not yet drawing blood. I licked my tongue up his cheek, it was longer than I was used to. He tasted clean and woodsy and warm. Like pine, and cold streams, and sweaty dreams.

"Kane," I purred, "I hope you don't misunderstand what's happening, because it looks like I have my claws in your throat, and my teeth inches from taking a bite out of your face."

I could feel Kane swallowing beneath my hand. I could also feel something suspiciously hard and warm pressed up against my thigh. Is this turning him on!? The thought made something warm curl in my stomach and it was at that exact moment I knew I was screwed. I should have been utterly disgusted after what happened last night, but I wasn't.

"Cassie, are you okay?"

I had sat up and released Kane. I was laughing so hard that tears were forming and I couldn't find a good angle to wipe them away without stabbing myself in the eye with my ridiculous wolf-man claws.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just, I was so freaking pissed at you one second and then the next second your hard on is pressed into me and then, when I realize that, my pulse drops down between my thighs and it's just.... Is this my life now!? I'm afraid if I don't laugh I'll cry."