chapter 16: The Soulless Assassin

I don't like the feel of this place. I regained consciousness and slowly opened my eyes and noticed that I was in dark room chained up to what I'm going to assume is an operation table. There were all kinds of test tubes and syringes around. And some weird tools too.

I don't like this place, why did I get kidnapped anyway?

Suddenly someone walked into the room.

"I figured you would be conscious by now."

That voice sounds familiar.

"You don't need to worry. Once you've been awakened you won't feel a thing. You'll be the perfect weapon for killing Koro-sensei. Even if you won't be aware of it."

"S-Shiro..." I said shyly and quietly.

"Now it's time to awaken your power. I happened to hear that you bottle up your pain. I'm going to forcefully make you feel that pain and awaken The Soulless Assassin." Shiro said.

The Soulless Assassin? What the heck is that supposed to mean?

I suddenly felt a needle in my arm. I started to see all kinds of things that I didn't want to remember. I felt like I was going through all of it all over again.

"S-Stop...P-Please stop...!" I cried.

No matter how much I cried the images still continued.

Then I snapped.

"I said stop!"

I lost consciousness again after that and could barely hear what Shiro said before I went unconscious.

"At last, The Soulless Assassin has awoken."

Karma, please save me...

Karma's POV:

I ran over to (Y/N)'s house as fast as possible. Why? Because she dropped her (favorite anime character) figure and it happened to fall into my bag.

As soon as I got to (Y/N)'s house I knocked on the door expecting to see (Y/N) open the door, but instead their was a woman with blonde-ish Brown hair and hazel green eyes. She was a bit shorter than me but she looked older than me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was my friend (Y/N)-chan's house." I said, amusing that I was on the wrong block.

"Wait a minute, (Y/N) never told me that she made friends." The woman said.

"You know (Y/N)-chan?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I'm (Y/N)'s mother." She said.

Wait, that's (Y/N)'s mother?! They don't look the same. And (Y/N) told me that her parents were on a business trip in America.

"I got a few days off so I decided to surprise visit my daughter, but she's still not here." (Y/N)'s mother said.

"Wait she's not here yet? We were walking home awhile ago, I came to return something she dropped." I said. "And I'm pretty sure she didn't go to a book store or anime store on the way home."

"You should go to Shiro's lab I you want to save (Y/N)-san."

(Y/N)'s mother and I turned around and saw Itona standing in front of us.

"Did you just say Shiro?" (Y/N)'s mother asked.

"Yes. It seems that he believes that (Y/N)-san's full potential is ready to awaken. He's keeping her hostage at his lab. I'm only telling you this because I'm going to be the one to kill my brother, I'm not going to let another test subject kill him first." Itona said before he left.