Chapter 17: Rivalry

So I've made up my mind, I'm going to confess to Karma after finals. I know for a shy person like me that's easier said than done but I'm also using it as a motivation to do my best in finals. Finals, the grades that might matter the most and the time of the school year that leaves me the most stressed. I always somehow managed to pass the finals though. This year is different though, not only am I going to use the finals to build up my confidence to confess to Karma, Koro-sensei said that anyone who gets the top score in a subject will get to cut off a tentacle on the class's next assassination attempt.

I know what your thinking, after what happened to you a few days ago aren't you afraid of of snapping again? Well kinda, the thought of accidentally hurting someone I care about and not even being aware of it scares me a lot. Fortunately, the bracelet Karma put on my wrist allows me to have complete control over my newly discovered/slightly terrifying power (though I probably won't be using it anytime soon). My mother also told me that eventually I'll be able to control it with or without the bracelet, so I don't have to worry so much. It was good seeing my mother for a few days, hopefully she doesn't go and blow anything up in America. She's a good mother (when she doesn't send packages that explode in people's faces) though she's the kind of person that will most likely either take over the world or completely destroy it. Even though we're practically opposites and we're not even blood related we both love anime a lot.

But seriously, if anyone from America hears an explosion and see's a blonde-ish Brown haired woman with hazel green eyes running around screaming that she's awesome, just find a safe place to hide. Don't worry, she's not drunk or high, nor is she completely insane (a least I hope not), this is completely normal for someone like her. I sound like a terrible daughter but even my own mother would agree that she do something this crazy.

Anyways, Isogai invited us to go to the main campus library to study after school. Karma refused but I accepted the invitation, the library and cafeteria (when their not serving bad food) are the only good things about school.

Isogai, Nagisa, Kaede, Okuda, Kanzaki, Rio, and I were studying in the library when we were rudely interrupted.

"Why bother studying if you E-class students aren't going to pass anyway?"

Great, it's those "big 5" A-class people, and like pretty much everyone else at this school they're huge jerks. I didn't bother to remember any of their names, except for Gakushu Asano, the guy I met in Kyoto. I knew he wasn't in E-class but I didn't know that he was the principal's son (they even have the same last name and similar first names...praise my stupidity everyone, I'm going to mentality cry in a corner now) or that he's the smartest student in school.

I did my best ignore them but they kept bugging us. That guy who thinks he's attractive keeps getting in Kanzaki's personal space and the guy with the weird glasses is making fun of Okuda's glasses even though his look retarded.

After attempting to insult us they made a competition between A-class and E-class, whichever class gets the top score in the most subjects gets to make one request from the losing team.

So long story short, E-class is competing against A-class during finals.

I decided to go to the public library after that to get some more books to study and some more manga (no I didn't JUST go for the manga ONLY). This will probably be the only time I actually want to study, well not everyone has teacher that's also their assassination target. As soon as I left the library, I heard someone call my name.

"(L/N)-san, it's nice to see you again." Asano said with a smile.

Well I think I can see how him and the principal are related, and no it's not because of the hair or their names. Those Asano's and Karma's hair practically the same color, I think it's best not to point that out to anyone, especially to Asano or Karma.

"Hello again Asano-san." I wrote on my notepad.

"Studying for finals?" Asano asked.

I nodded my head.

"Do your best then. And the other members of the big 5 are wrong, your cute and smart." Asano said before he walked away. "Goodbye (L/N)-san.

I'm not cute or smart, I don't know what he's talking about. All well, I'm going home to study.

Asano's POV:

(Y/N) (L/N) is a very pretty girl, and she's smart too. I can't believe my father put her in E-class because she was sick for a month. Maybe I can get her out of E-class and get her to tell me what goes on over there. And maybe I could make her my girlfriend.

"Of course, you wouldn't like it if I made (L/N)-san my girlfriend now would you Karma?" I asked out loud.

"I'm not going to let you Asano. (Y/N)-chan won't be your girlfriend." Karma said.

"Even if you try to stop me I'll still make (L/N)-san my girlfriend." I said.

"We'll see about that." Karma said before he left.

Karma and I are rivals, but I'll be the one to win.

(Y/N)'s POV:

(Time skip to the finals day)

Nagisa, Rio, and I were walking in the main campus to the place where we take the finals. Karma told me to go ahead, he's being lazier than me today.

"Hey look it's E-class, I can't believe they made a competition against A-class. Don't you realize that-" one of the D-class bullies said but got cut off by Rio stabbing his nose with a pencil and I gave them my "emotionless death stare" and they went back inside their classroom.

"Rio-san, (L/N)-san, I don't think that was necessary." Nagisa said.

"Of course it was, they were being annoying jerks and (Y/N)-chan and I were giving them what they deserve." Rio said.

Nagisa, Rio, and I walked into the classroom and saw Ritsu's stand in, since according to Karasuma-sensei Ritsu can't appear on the main campus. Makes sense since A.I.F.I.'s aren't exactly what anyone would consider your everyday average student.

After awhile the rest of the class showed up and it was time to start the Finals. Hopefully we can beat A-class and hopefully I can get the top score on a subject.

After finals are over, I'll (attempt to) tell Karma how I feel.

To be continued.

(A/N: I apologize for taking longer than usual, I had a fever/flu for 5 days straight and I couldn't do a thing. Enough about my problems, I hope you enjoy this chapter.)