Chapter 17 - Death

Audrey P.O.V

"Audrey!" Harry shouted at the front door. I hid in the hall away from him as tears ran down my cheeks. Eventually I heard the door shut and my mother walked through the crowd of people and handed me a package with an envelope.

"For you." My mother said as she handed it to me. I took it from her and went up to my bedroom. Every time I went inside, all I could think about is Harry telling me how he didn't care about me.

I sat on my bed and looked at the small package and then I opened the envelope

Dear, Audrey

I know what I said to you the other day is a shock, it shocked me too. I didn't mean anything I said, and I know you know that. I know you felt that, which is why you didn't want to believe me when I originally lied to you. I love you, Audrey, only you. I never want to lie to you again, and I wanted to come clean to you that day, but a certain person changed my mind about my decision to be totally honest with you. Please give me a chance again, Audrey. As you know, my mother recently got married. Along with that marriage, I acquired a step-sister. Her name is Katherine, and she is the Student Body President of Pearson Academy. I know what I'm saying in this letter seems to have nothing to do with you, but all you have to do is open that package and it will all make sense. In other words,

I'm sorry. I love you.

I set the letter beside me and unwrapped the package that was wrapped in brown paper. When I unwrapped it, I was revealed to a little brown book. It seemed to be a journal. When I opened the first page, there was the words THE DIARY OF HARRY STYLES. Was written in bold letters. Under that in script was written

A DETAILED
story of my personal journey
into MANHOOD

--
Katherine P.O.V

I hoped that Harry breaking up with Audrey would make him get over her, fuck me, and then fall in love with me. I had no idea Harry was actually capable of truly caring about a girl, if I did, I wouldn't have initiated this bet in the first place.

I couldn't stand the thought of that little prude winning Harry's heart, I needed revenge of some kind, it was the only thing that would make me feel ok. So, I picked up the phone and called Ronald, crying.

"Ronald?" I asked in tears.

"What's wrong, Katherine?" Ronald asked.

"It's Harry... He's out of his mind. He... He hit me." I lied as I fake cried. "He took off after he hit me. There's more, it involves Cecile."

"Stay there, I'll be right over." Ronald told me.
--
Harry P.O.V

I texted Audrey and told her if she forgave me to meet her at a certain place right by Central Park. I stood on the side walk as I watched cars go by on the narrow road and prayed that she'd come over.

"Hey, you!" I heard and looked up. It was Ronald walking over to me.

"Hey, Ronald." I said, I was out of it. I didn't sleep at all the night before. Ronald pushed me. "Ronald, I don't know what this is about but can we talk about it later because--"

"What were you thinking when you hit Katherine!?!" Ronald asked. I sighed and shook my head. Katherine must have lied for attention again.

"I'm sorry Ronald, you don't know what you're talking about." I shook my head.

"And you fucked Cecile!?!" Ronald asked with widened eyes. I didn't have an answer for that. Ronald threw a punch at him and a girl screamed. It was Audrey running over to us.

"Don't hurt him!" She screamed as she ran towards us.

"Man up, come on!" Ronald yelled as he pushed mez

"Listen, I don't want to fight--" I said and Ronald punched me in the face. Suddenly I got angry and I punched Ronald. We both began fighting and Audrey screamed.

"Harry, no!" She yelled and tried to break us apart. She tried to pull Ronald off of me and Ronald pushed her off, she flipped into the street as a car jetted past her. My eyes widened as she laid there, trying to get up.

As she tried to stand up a car headed toward her.

"No!" I yelled and pushed her out of the way. She safely got pushed to the other end of the narrow road, I wasn't so lucky.

I got hit, flipped onto the hood of the car, and slid off. I laid in the street, paralyzed and hurt, and tears filled my eyes. I could taste blood in the back of my throat, and I knew that this was the end.

The car blocked the traffic and Audrey ran over to me and kneeled beside me.

"Harry!" She yelled and she kneeled beside me. I began getting tired and closed my eyes and she tapped on my cheek. "No, no, no, don't go to sleep, don't leave me."

I looked up at her and a tear ran down my cheek, I winced in pain as my salty tear burned the cut on my face.

"You're going to live Harry, I know what I mean to you know. You're going to make it, and we're gonna get you out of this mess. We'll erase your reputation and start all over!" Audrey said as she tried to keep me awake.

"I love you, Audrey." I choked out. She cried hysterically. "Goodbye."

"No, don't say that, you're not dying..." Audrey cried and my eyes began to close. "No... Harry... Stop..."

"I love you." I said one last time.

"I love you too." Audrey said, and that was all I had to hear. Then, I let go. I closed my eyes, and went to sleep.

Audrey saying those words were the best thing I've ever heard.