Ms Nerd and Mr Jock

Chapter 1

11 years ago:

"Celia, this is Mr Seth Tyler." I stood behind my dad, hiding from Mr Tyler. As always, hiding behind my dad had always been effective, especially for my small size. I was a shy girl and I was never good with new people. It turned out to be one of the reasons why I had very few friends. Even the ones I had insitgated the friendship first.

My dad was business partner with Mr Tyler in Colour Enterprise. Actually, both of them owned the company. I had seen Mr Tyler lots of times but it was the first time I was standing directly in front of him. He had blonde hair and green eyes. Unlike my dad, he was more muscular and had this air of superiority in him. It made me wished I could disappear into my room instead of standing in front of such a big man. 

"Sorry, my daughter is a little shy." my dad said to Mr Tyler. He laughed and said, "It's alright, Roy. My son here is pretty shy too." I didn't know he had a son with him until he mentioned it. I looked behind Mr Tyler and found a young boy around my age, standing there, both of us hiding behind our fathers. When he saw me staring at him, he let out a tiny squeak before sinking further into his father's shadow. Even at where I stood, I could tell that he had his father's looks. Blonde and green eyes. He was holding his toy car to his chest. 

"Cameron, go play with Celiana until dad and Mr Millers finish discussing." little Cameron smiled at me and I blushed slightly. I never got used to be around other boys besides Leon, who was my neighbour's son. After receiving a little push from his father, Cameron followed after me. He walked beside me, matching my small footsteps as we stayed silent and not talking. We went out to the garden and saw Leon, next door, playing bubbles. 

"Leon?" I called Leon and he looked up. When he saw me, he ran over to my house and joined the two of us. 

"Who's this?" Leon sat next to Cameron. Cameron looked at him and held his toy car protectively, worried that Leon might take it away from him. Leon narrowed his eyes at Cameron at that and shrugged when Cameron looked frustrated that he didn't know how to communicate with him. 

"Cammy." I smiled. 

"It's actually Cameron. But okay." he smiled at me and I sat down with them. I was careful to not get my dress muddy. The three of us sat in a small circle, going about with introductions. As the minutes ticked by, Leon and I somehow managed to get Cameron to open up a little more and soon he was laughing and telling us stories about him and his little sister. I could tell that Leon and I had found a new potential best friend that day. 

Ever since then, Cameron, Leon and I became close friends. But turns out Mr Tyler was actually buying over our old house and our family was moving into a mansion on a hill. Since Cameron and Leon were neighbours, they became good friends. Occasionally, I still visited them and the three of us would watch movies together or Mrs Tyler would bring the three of us, plus little Isabel who was Cameron's little sister, out for lunch. Our friendship had been great and every moment was enjoying. 

Until, of course, we grew up.

7th grade:

"Nerd!" Cameron pushed me and I fell down at the corridor. He and his basketball friends always messed with me. Ever since seventh grade, Cameron had been the school's most good-looking guy and best basketball player. He even got the school's prettiest girl crushing on him. Tiana Walkers. They were in the popular circle which mostly consisted of cheerleaders, jocks and several others who threw awesome parties on weekends.