Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Oh my gosh, Cammy." my hands flew to my mouth. I took off my jacket, this time, for the person who hurt me before. Cameron glared at Tiana and she gulped.

"I can explain. I'm sorry. I didn't know you were going to stand there! I didn't know!" she started to blabber but Cameron cut her off. 

"It's over, Tiana. You're right. We should break up." he said as he pulled me away from the crowd. I could feel stares all around me as we walked out of the canteen. When we got to the hallways, he stopped. "Why did you stand up for me, nerd?" he crossed his arms. 

"Because, I don't hate you." I placed my hands on my hips. He took off the jacket I lend him and shoved it at me. "And also because I consider you as a friend, not just my daily bully." he stared at me as if I was weird. I sighed thinking Cameron won't get it and took my books as I headed for the next class since the bell rang minutes ago.

"Are you having English later?" he asked, my back still facing him. 

"Yes, why?" I turned around to see him smiling. The smile I hadn't see for a long time unless he was with Tiana. I really wished I had a camera to take a picture. His hair was still wet but was quickly drying up since his hair was short. 

"Could...I...walk with you? I bet some people won't want me anywhere near them...after I dumped their princess." I nodded, understanding who and what he was referring to. The 'popular people' probably didn't know who to side with. Cameron or Tiana. Most of the boys would choose Tiana and most of the girls would choose Cameron.

"Sure. But for the record, even if you don't consider me as a friend, you're mine, alright?" I said as I walked down the corridor with Cameron slowly following me from behind. All of a sudden, I heard Isabel and Leon screaming my name. What were those two up to again? 

"Celia!!!" I heard Isabel scream. If only her voice wasn't so high pitch, that would have helped a lot. "Celia! There's a school trip to the waterfalls this Wednesday!" a wide grin plastered on her face when she caught up to me. Leon caught up with us and cheered as he kept repeating the words 'School trip' with Isabel. Those two were so hyper because of a school trip? 

"If you guys would excuse me, I'm going to class first, alright? Come on, Isabel." I pulled her along. "Bye, Leon!" I smiled at Leon before we left him. Leon returned the smile and ran off to his class. 

"So, Cameron. What do you have to say after Celia stood up for you?" Isabel nudged her brother. Cameron looked away with his hands in his pockets. What was up with that dude? One moment he was happy and then angry the other. Or maybe he just didn't like getting teased by his own sister. I have no clue.

"See you guys later." Cameron said and went in to his classroom. That was a first. I was still not used to the fact that Cameron didn't push me until I fell for a day, stood up and ended up getting soaked himself, and smiled his genuine smile. 

"Hey Celia!" I didn't need to turn around to know it was one of the cheerleaders calling me. Those fake barbie doll voices? Who wouldn't know it was them? I turned around just to come face-to-face with a blonde cheerleader who seem pretty mad. Tiana must have sent them. 

"What? I have class to go to." I didn't need to bother with these people. So Isabel and I just walked to our class but when we got to the door, someone pulled me by my sleeve. 

"Tiana just wanted to give you this." her was heading to my face but before she could slap me, I grabbed her hand. No one, NO ONE slaps this girl. A surprised expression made it's way to her face. Of course, no one ever stopped her from doing the things she wanted. Maybe I was a first.