Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 29

"If you're not getting out of that dressing room, I'm coming in!" Cameron said from outside of the changing room. Isabel, Tiana and I were shopping for dresses and since Cameron was bored, we kinda dragged him along. Now, I was regretting that I asked him to come with us. He wouldn't stop asking me to get out and show them my dress. 

"No way Cameron!" I replied him while laughing. 

"Then I'm coming in."

"I'll scream rape."

"Geez! Celia could you just show us for a few seconds?" sighing in defeat, I stepped out of the room with my baby blue dress. Isabel jumped up and ran over to me. 

"So cute!" was the only thing she said. Cameron just stared, he seemed to be lost in thought. I wondered what he was thinking..maybe about the wedding? Even the thought of it destroyed my mood to shop. 

"I'm going to change." I turned around and went to change back into my clothes. After paying for my dress, the other girls went rushing to other shops to buy their dresses. So that leaves Cameron and I sitting on the bench. People were walking fast, most of them were girls from our school. But I didn't paid much attention since I was thinking about Cameron getting married with a girl. 

"Was she pretty?" I asked Cameron. 

"Who?"

"That Avery chick. Was she pretty?" Cameron went silent for awhile before replying. 

"Why? You jealous?" 

"Nope, just wondering. Who are you going with to the winter dance?" 

"The girl I asked didn't answer me yet." he smirked. 

"Would you want her to answer you?" 

"Yes." 

I giggled and punched his shoulder playfully. The school didn't had any winter dance before and no guy had ever asked me to any dance before. So I wasn't actually good with all this bringing a date to the dance stuff. 

"Her answer is....yes." I planted a kiss on his cheek and tried to hide my glee. An old couple who was sitting on the opposite bench smiled warmly. The old lady came over to us and pointed a finger at me. 

"I know who you are...you're Celiana Millers, daughter of billionaire Roy Millers. I saw him magazines, hun." I smiled at her, slightly amused that she recognized my dad. Well, it wasn't unusual for old folks to recognize him. We would visit grandma at the old folk's home once every month. The people there loved my dad. 

"Hello. This is Cameron Tyler. He's my best friend." I nodded at Cameron who excused himself to get milkshakes for the both of us. The lady smiled at him and sat down on where Cameron sat a few seconds ago. 

"You seem to like him, dear. I know the look he gives you, its the same look my husband gave me." she gave a warm laugh and looked at her husband who was reading the newspaper on the bench. He didn't realized we were looking at him and continued reading. I turned my attention back on the lady. 

"He's getting married..an arranged marriage actually. To some girl named Avery Ross." I sighed and the lady patted me on the lap. 

"Arranged marriage? What kind of century old idea is that? Celiana dear, don't let that get between the both of you. If you really love someone, you'll do anything to be with them. And I can tell, he likes you. Now, don't say I'm old and I don't know stuff. I was a cool mom when I was younger." I had to laugh, she really reminded me of my grandma. Except that grandma always mixed up my name with Cindy. 

"I'm back! Chocolate milkshake, right?" Cameron came back with two chocolate milkshakes in his hand. His forehead was sweaty from running all the way here. Thinking back on that old lady's words, I decided...I was going to fight. No other girl will be with Cameron except me. No one but ME! 

"Goodbye, future Mrs Tyler." the old lady whispered to me and winked before she and her husband got up and went off. 

"So what did both of you talk about?" Cameron sat down beside me, shoving the drink to me at the same time. 

"Nothing. Just about one of my goals in life." I smiled to myself. 

"What's that?"

"Just drop it, Cam. When's the wedding, by the way?" I asked Cameron who tensed up when I mentioned 'the sensitive topic'. 

"Next Saturday." so I had time until next Saturday to stop the wedding. The only way was to expose that Avery and Ebony's ways. They obviously knew that Cameron won't marry other girls because of me, so they would do anything to get rid of me. But what if they got rid of me before I could prove anything?

"Hey Celia?" I snapped out of my thoughts. Who called me?

"You're spacing out. What are you thinking about?" 

"We'll have to expose the Ross family. What did they say they wanted?"

"Joining both companies."

"Right. So they're after the money. Like the usual cliche. So all we can do is expose them for trying to kill me and also my mom. But I need you to do something.."

"What?"

"Pretend to love Avery."