Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 30

If the room wasn't filled with Isabel and Tiana's constant giggling and sighing about their dresses, I bet I could hear my heart pouding against my chest. After I was done with my hair which was now filled with fresh curls, I picked up my blue platform heels and wore them. They were a little too small for me, but I can manage to squeeze. 

But apparently, the other two weren't. 

"Why are you guys so slow? Aren't you guys the type that wear dresses and go partying more than me?" I narrowed my eyes at them but they just averted their gazes to their dresses and slipped them on. 

The only reason I wore platform heels was because I had a feeling I needed to run tonight. Like, really fast. I don't see that happening since we didn't need to run a marathon during the winter dance but whatever, anything could happen, right? So in my case, I was going to wear it. 

The snow started to pour two days ago and since I couldn't go out without a jacket and not shiver to death, I had to bring my coat and scarf along. Well, at least I was going to wear it until I get into the school hall where the heater was working. 

Stepping in front of the mirror, I glanced at my reflection one more time before the three of us girls exit the room. The two boys were already outside the room, wearing their tux. I had to admit, they looked extremely great in them. They even managed to tie their neckties which clearly impressed me. 

"Anyone here besides me has the feeling that we need to run tonight?" Leon looked serious for awhile. Honestly, I had and I wasn't the only one either. Cameron and the others raised their hands and then looked at me. I raised my hand too and altogether, we put them down. 

"Well, if we need to run, I think I'll get rid of this." I showed them my shoes. The other girls agreed too. 

"Well, let's not just stand here! Let's go!" Tiana pushed everyone down the stairs and I almost tripped but Cameron caught my arm before the floor could make contact with my face. I thanked him and the rest of us walked down the stairs, careful of not tripping. Especially the girls. 

Dad was at the bottom of the stairs smiling at me. "If only your mom can see you, you're really pretty." my dad kissed my forehead and I hugged him. 

"Thanks dad, I'll see you later." he nodded and the five of us got into Cameron's car. Derek and Brian were already in their car observing each step we took. They too, had a bad feeling about tonight. So they were going to guard the only entrance and exit of the school hall. The thought of that made me calm down slightly, knowing that the twins would be there if we needed them. 

           ______________________________________________

Cameron's POV

For some reason, I couldn't stop being paranoid. I just had a feeling that someone was going to pounce on me or maybe because this tux I picked was too tight and it's getting to my head. Celia was beautiful that night, her dress showed off her long legs and her hair fell to the right places. She didn't put much make-up on but she still looked beautiful. Only very few girls could pull that off and Celia was one of them.

Tiana had disappeared into the crowd once we got down from the car. The snow had stopped falling but there was still snow that covered the grass and the green hadn't start growing yet. Well, not that soon anyways. 

          ________________________________________________

Celia's POV

Comments like "Oh my gosh he's so hot!" or "If only I can get my hands on him." were the only thing I could hear every time Cameron and I passed by girls. They would glare at me or give me the finger but to Cameron, they acted like complete sluts. They drool over him even when he was just in front of him. 

"Annoying girls." I muttered under my breath. 

"Want a drink?" Cameron asked me and I nodded. I smiled as he strode over to the drinks section and get drinks. But once he was gone, I felt someone pressing a sharp metal object at the small of my back. 

"Keep quiet and follow me, Celiana." okay, so that person was obviously a male. And he knew me, great. Cameron came back with two cups but put them aside when he saw the person behind me. I couldn't turn my head, feared that he would stab me with the knife or worse. 

"Ask him to dance with someone. You and I have some business." I gulped and smiled at Cameron reassuringly. 

"Cameron, why not you dance first? I'll go take some fresh air. The dress is kinda tight." I lied and forced a smile. But inside, I was ready to cry. I was scared to death. He didn't look convinced but girls were already gathering around him, pulling him away from me. Whoever that was behind me pressed the knife harder making me arched backwards. 

"Exit the door. My guys already took care of your bodyguards." I gulped once again. What did they do to Derek and Brian? 

"What have you done with them?" 

"Just do as I say or I'll hurt more people than just them." that shut me up. Scanning the room, I hope Leon or Isabel was around. But they weren't so mystery guy and I exit the building into the cold air. 

He slipped the knife into his pocket and I was free to turn around. He was wearing a tux like the other guys in school, his hair was brown and he had really intense blue eyes. He was hot, but not as hot as Cameron. 

"Mrs Ross orders, I have to kill you." Mrs...Ross? Like Ebony Ross? 

He gripped onto the knife harder and started to walk towards me but I tripped backwards and fell onto the ground. He bended down and looked at me. The knife brushed against my cheek and my neck. 

"Please don't kill me.." it came out as a whisper. 

"Don't think I'm like the hunter in Snow White, Celiana. I wouldn't let you go, but I wouldn't kill you painlessly either." he gave a sinister smile. My eyes darted to the pile of snow next to me. Maybe I could distract him, at least long enough to get help. 

Picking up snow, I aimed for his eyes and he fell to the ground wincing in pain as the snow got into his eyes. I ran into the hall once again and started to look around for Leon or anyone. Just someone who knew about the situation. 

I spotted two men who were carrying an unconscious Isabel towards the exit while Leon was screaming her name at the opposite side of the room. I ran to Leon and quickly told him everything. He quickly dialed Cameron's phone number but there wasn't an answer. Maybe he couldn't hear his phone ringing due to the music. 

So that was how Leon and I found ourselves chasing after the two men.