Ms Nerd and Mr Jock: Chapter 18

Wow! Thanks for the votes in the previous chap!

Chapter 18

          "Celia!" he shouted. I just stared at him like an idiot. I just heard him right, right?! Because, there was no way he would say it again when I didn't even shout out the name of the guy I liked. After realizing I wasn't going to shout, he stared at me. 

          "Why aren't you going to shout out the name of the guy you like?" he raised an eyebrow. 

          "Because, I don't want to.....You like me?" his eyes grew wide in realization and slapped his hand over his mouth as if he didn't believe he just said that. 

          "No, it's a girl named Celia. Not Celiana, idiot." oh...what an idiot I was, hoping he really did liked me. I turned around and ran off to the direction of my room. After I was sure Cameron was far enough, the tears flowed and there was no stopping them.

          Cameron's P.O.V.:

          "You're such and idiot, Cameron." I kicked a rock and ended up only getting my toe in pain. Why was I an idiot, you wondering? Because unlike other guys who didn't get nervous when they want the girl to know that they like them, I freaked out and said I liked another girl. And what did that get me? Having Celia running away, crying. 

          Earlier in the car I heard Leon talking to Celia. She said something about a hamburger? I don't know. But I did heard what Leon said. Celia had a crush on me before. I was so sure she liked me but I just couldn't ask her about it, afraid that she might just break since she was so fragile. She might never talk to me again if I confront her, girls hated being confronted, I knew that. 

          A shadow appeared in front of me, instantly I recognized him as Leon. 

          "Saw the whole thing, man."

          "You spying on us?"

          "No! I was finding Celia and then I happened to hear a few stuff." I gave him the look saying that I didn't believe a thing he just said. He sighed in defeat. "Anyways, it's not about me. It's about you now. You like Celia, admit it." he crossed his arms. 

          "What do you know? You hang out with my sister all the time." 

          "Yeah, I hang out with your sister all the time. How do you think I know the signs of a guy liking a girl?"

          "Dude, you like my sis?!"

          "What's wrong with that?"

          "It's so wrong. It's written in the book!"

          "Whatever, don't try to change the subject. So you like Celia, why can't you just admit it to her?" I couldn't tell Leon I was nervous, I would sound girly! Only girls get nervous when they see the person they like! Wow, I was such a failure. 

          "She doesn't like me." I lied. He just shook his head in disaproval like my dad used to when I dated Tiana. He muttered something under his breath and left me there alone. Except, I wasn't entirely alone when a familiar she-devil appeared. 

          "Give up on her, Cameron." she said. Who did she think she was? My mother? Obviously not so why did she wanted me to give up on a girl I love? Whoa, I used the L-word. 

          "Why? You my mom?" I saw her flinched. 

          "You belong with me, Cameron. Not with that girl. You two are from two different worlds, why can't you just accept that? She's no longer your childhood playmate you know?" 

          "Have you ever heard of 'opposites attract'?"

          "Have you ever heard of 'I don't care'? The halloween party will be coming soon. I'll be waiting." she gave me a devilish smile and left me. she could be right...Celia and I...we're from both different worlds. Jock and nerds just..don't collide. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curious on who's the girl? No worries, you'll find out soon enough! 

If you want me to upload the next chap early, please go check out my other story, White Rose. It's really nice and if you love Ms Nerd and Mr Jock, I could confirm that you would like White Rose too.