WT1| Losing - 13

"The horror ofyour child not beingin your arms

"The horror of
your child not being
in your arms."

        It had been a week and my dad still had nothing

It had been a week and my dad still had nothing. I checked everyday to make sure he was on his shit and every day seemed to be full of even more bullshit. I had eyes everywhere but nothing was being seen or reported. Things kept getting complicated and I was getting tired but I had to keep trying. For Taylor.

I knew it would take a while for Taylor to take me seriously, but she was worth the wait. I couldn't let her down so I had to make moves on my own to get shit done but I couldn't do it on my own. I needed help and I knew just who I had to go to. Caz.

Caz was one of the hotheads in my family that was just smart enough to get shit done right. I didn't have to do too much cleaning up after him because he knew how to play the game. The only reason we weren't as close was because he felt that everything was a competition and that, it wasn't.

"You're dumber than I thought if you think I'm really gonna help you with that shit." Caz said, looking over his reading glasses as he read a book sitting on his coffee table in front of him.

Like me, Caz was both street and book smart. Also like me, he knew how to get what he wanted.

"You helped her." I reminded him, chuckling to myself. He should've known better to think someone wouldn't get that shit back to me after seeing me with her a couple times. "You must be dumb if you thought I didn't know."

"I think she's cute and so did a couple other niggas so, you're welcome." He looked up at me and smiled, giving me a wink. "That makes you upset?"

He knew it did but I lied anyway. "Nah, I just don't see why you can't help her again."

"I only helped her because she would've had you out here looking crazy the way she was up in there." He said with a shrug. "Plus, a couple niggas were plotting on her so again, you're welcome."