WT1| Downfalls - 28

TAYLOR
Sigh.

       I pushed passed as many people as I could, trying to get away from my worst nightmare until someone had a hold on my arm

I pushed passed as many people as I could, trying to get away from my worst nightmare until someone had a hold on my arm. I knew it was him. I looked back and he stood there, looking down at me holding my arm.

"Taylor." He said, something in his voice and eyes were defying everything I had heard about him recently.

I pulled my arm away and walked off again. I knew he was still following me though.

I exited the club and his footsteps were quick behind me. I turned around and my heart jumped when I saw how close he was to me. I frowned, backing up a bit.

"What, Wyn?" I asked, my eyes were watering but I wasn't trying to cry anymore. My jaw was finally feeling better.

"You.. Taylor." A grin started to spread across his face and my heart fluttered. "You're alive. You're--"

I smacked him across his face. Something I didn't think about for a second. I looked at him, my heart racing as he looked down at me.

"Don't act like your care." I mumbled.

If it wasn't for Junior, I'd be dead and it'd be all his fault. He didn't even check for me and that probably hurt the worst. I promised myself I would never talk to him again but here I was talking to him.

To make matters worse, I heard about him mostly everyday and how "cold" he was and how he don't smile anymore. I knew it was all a front because here he was smiling all in my face, pretending to be happy that I'm alive. Pretending to care. Everything I knew was fake. I believed it when they told me he was setting me up. That he hired those Terri and the other girl to come at me. I got my jaw broken because of him and I hated him.

I grimaced. His face made me sick. He looked confused.

"What's your problem?" He asked. I crossed my arms, shrugging. "Yo.. I missed you."

It sounded good. Was it real though? "I bet. That's why you fucked your ex in the back of your car." I shook my head. "Mhm, she came to my house bragging all about it. How you beat it up and all."

He was silent.

"Was it true?" I asked, looking in his eyes.

He was still silent, his excitement gone. I watched as his jaw clenched. "Doesn't matter now." He said, shaking his head.

"Right." I said before looking away.