WT1| Time Flies - 26

the essence of love

the essence of love

Two months later

Two months later...

I sat in the back of the black truck wearing all black as I usually did now. I never talked much, never did much. I just did my job and got out. I never went back to that house where Cyn and Taylor were. I never talked to Fabio or Junior after that. Even though he still had Rei. I didn't want Rei to see me like this. Cold and vengeful. Angry and malicious. My heart felt like stone and only the resurrection of Taylor could fix that. But she was gone now.

Two months, I heard nothing. I saw nothing but black. I was always angry and always ready to kill someone. Always ready to take someone's loved one like they had did me. No one felt bad for doing it, neither did I. But what goes around comes around.

And now was the time for everything to come around. For them.

I exhaled smoke from the blunt I had just pulled before looking down at the gun I was cleaning. It was an semiautomatic SMG with a silencer. I was ready to kill, the first time in what felt like a long time that I had been excited about anything.

In the car with me were two new dudes, Pistol and Kayo. Two niggas that I trusted, who had earned it and vice versa.

They were the only two that I had told about the bullshit my own family pulled. They had similar stories and just like that, we were all riding for each other. Fabio kept his part of the deal and he freed Calib. He was out with them in Atlanta, but that was the last time I spoke to him. I was too focused on this.

I pulled my black ski mask over my face and Kayo did the same. Pistol was driving so Kayo and I were shooting. We were hitting Caz first.

Our initial plot was to get each one at a time, no survivors, no witnesses. We made sure we were the only ones who knew about this plan.

Pistol parked in front of the house and we sat there for a while doing a silent prayer.

It was 2:35am and we were all wide awake to do this.