Chapter 7- Comforted

Jenna's POV-

I was watching The Summer Set's set when Caroline proposed to Jess.

My heart sank.

But then she said no.

And left.

I made my way through the crowd and ran towards backstage. I saw her running towards the bus so I ran after her. I chased her to the bus and I caught the door. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She sat on the couch and cried. I sat next to her and put my arm around her. "Caroline proposed." she said.

"I was there." I replied.

She looked at me. "You were?"

"Yes."

"I'm just not ready for marriage, Jenna." she said, crying.

"You have every right to that. You don't have to change for anyone else because you're amazing just the way you are."

She looked at me. "Really?"

"Really." I said. "Anyone would be lucky to have you."

And I meant that.

There was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it. It was Caroline. Of course.

"Oh, so this is why you said no?" she snapped.

"No, I--"

"Save it." she said.

"She isn't ready for marriage!" I yelled at Caroline. "Can you just accept that?!"

"I'm breaking up with you, Caroline." Jess said.

"What?"

"Yeah, so get out."

Caroline left and Jess cried more. I hugged her and we laid on the couch with her sobbing into my t-shirt but I didn't care. I stroked her hair and held her close so she knew she wasn't alone. I wondered what she was dreaming of when she fell asleep. I wanted her to know that she wasn't alone at this moment.

She fell asleep, and then the boys came on the bus. "Sh." I said. They saw she was asleep.

"Thank you for cheering her up." Brian said.

"You're welcome." I replied.

"None of us liked Caroline. Did you?" Stephen asked.

"No." I said. "I mean, I didn't really know her. But from what I had seen and heard, I don't."

They sighed of relief. I just laughed.

"We'll leave you two alone." Brian said. "Just make sure she's okay, okay?"

"Alright." I said. They left.

Eventually, she woke up. She looked over at me and smiled. "You were here the whole time?"

"Yes." I said. "I wasn't going to leave you."

She smiled. She sat up and went to the bedroom. "I'm going to go change."

She came back a couple of minutes later. I was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. She was dressed in comfy clothes, shorts and a t-shirt. "Can I take you out?" I asked.

"Where did you have in mind?" she asked.

"How about the beach?"

We asked the driver, who was back to take us to the beach. We walked along the beach like last time, talking. She was a lot more calm.

I didn't hesitate as long this time to take her hand. She looked over at me. I smiled at her. She put her arm around me and laid her head on my shoulder.

The waves crashed against our feet and we watched the sunset. I laid out a blanket and we laid on the blanket and looked at the stars. I didn't know how late it was but I didn't think about that.

Instead, I thought about the fact that we were holding hands. We were talking about life and happiness.

I checked the time on my phone. Sigh.

"We probably should be heading back." I said.

We gathered up the blanket and went back to the bus. When we got back to the venue, she walked meback to the Tonight Alive bus.

"Thank you, Jenna." she said. "This was the best night of my life."

"You're welcome." I said. "This was the best night of my life."

She smiled and took a step closer. I put the blanket on the ground. She pulled me closer and looked into my eyes, leaning her head against mine.

She kissed me, and that was the best kiss I've ever shared with anyone. It was innocent and pure. She pulled away and I smiled. I said goodnight and went on the bus. That was the best night of my life....the best night of my life ever.

Jess's POV-

I kissed Jenna McDougall.

I freaking kissed Jenna.

I got back to the bus and Brian saw my emotions.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I just kissed someone." I said, going to my bed.

"Who?"

"Goondight." I said.

Anthony's POV-

Everyone's buzzing about Caroline proposing to Jess. The bands never liked Caroline. We heard that Jenna and Jess went out last night and kissed, but of course none of the bands are going to tell people that.

Jordan's POV-

Pete met with me today and told me that Take Six got an offer to play at Madison Square Garden. And he wanted me to be the one to tell them.

Brian's POV-

Things have been a lot cooler around Warped Tour now that Jess and Caroline broke up. I even heard that Jenna and Jess went out and kissed. I was really happy for them.

Christofer's POV-

I was about to tell the whole Warped Tour that Jenna and Jess kissed today.

Zach's POV-

Hello Warped Tour! :)