Chapter 15- Defeating The Chances

I just want to give a huge thank you to the lovely people reading this, you know who you are <3 Knowing that people are reading my stories makes me happy and smile. I hope you all are doing lovely, and I hope everyone is doing lovely <3 I'm running out of motivation/inspiration because I've used a lot of it, but last time it happened with this story I thought of ideas! So it'll come to me. Haha. I'm going to keep writing it, I ain't stop it any time soon. I love you guys, thank you for reading! :) -Sarah

Jenna's POV-

"Hey, wake up." I heard a voice say. "Come on!"

I opened my eyes to see the light from the window shining in them. My eyes adjusted and I saw Camm standing over me. He splashed water on my face. "Camm!" I said.

"Sorry, can't help you're a late sleeper." he replied.

"Why are we up at this hour anyway?" I groaned, putting my head into the pillow.

"It's twelve." he said. "We're late to our meet and greet."

I sighed. Every two weeks or so we'd get an early meet and greet before the show. And the fact that I'd been sleeping terrible didn't help either.

Ever since Jess and I broke up, I hadn't slept a wink hardly. I was so stupid. Okay, maybe npot stupid. But I should've listened to her and known better than to think she would get back together with Caroline while she was with me.

I groaned and got out of my bunk and went to the bathroom to fix my makeup. Once that was done I got dressed and we headed out. It was 12:20. I knew our fans would understand, but I knew there'd be people complaining.

The fans there were nice, because at Warped people are relaxed. But I got on twitter later to see that people weren't happy.

20 minutes late to a meet and greet? Obviously she doesn't care that her fans paid ten bucks to meet her.

That band needs to respect their fans! My daughter waited in line for twenty minutes just to get a picture!

I wish people weren't so hard on Tonight Alive. Dude, they have lives.

I love Tonight Alive no matter what. I wouldn't miss that meet and greet for any other band. Just be lucky that you were there, okay? There are people that couldn't be there.

I sighed and locked my phone screen. I was at the merch tent, getting ready to head back to the bus with the boys.

"Something wrong, Jenna?" Whakiao asked. He knew how much lack of sleep I'd had and everything going on

"Yeah." I said.

"Alright guys, let's go!" our manager said. The guys got up.

"I'll meet you guys later."  I said. "I have something I should've done when I came back from the airport?"

They smiled. They all knew everything going on and lack of sleep. They wished me luck and I ran across the venue looking for The Summer Set merch tent.

And then I saw it.

But you know what else I saw?

Caroline and Jess kissing.

Sarah's POV-

I'm enjoying not talking. It's a constant entertainment for me.

But it did drive me crazy not being able to talk, because I had things to say.

Like when Ivan asked if he should wear the blue tie or the purple tie, I couldn't answer.

And when Caden asked if I wanted to see Joey or not, I couldn't answer.

I hadn't heard from Jenna in a while so I walked to the Tonight Alive bus. I knocked on the door but I didn't hear an answer. I checked the clock. It was two, so they're probably coming back from their set.

The guys walked up. "Hi Sarah." Camm said. "Jenna went to The Summer Set tent."

I smiled. I knew what that meant.

The guys offered for me to go on the bus and said Jenna would be back soon. I decided to wait for her.

When she walked up, tears were coming from her eyes. She looked up and saw me, and ran to me and hugged me. She sobbed into my shirt.

I don't know what had happened but I knew I had to be there for my best friend.

Jenna's POV-

Once I saw that I ran to the bus.

And when I got there, I saw Sarah.

I just ran to her and hugged her. I sobbed into her shirt and cried and cried. I then remembered that she couldn't talk.

"I'm sorry." I said, pulling away and wiping my tears. Rain drops started falling.

She looked towards the bus. We went in and the guys were sitting around, waiting.

"You okay?" Camm asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I said.

"What happened?" Whakaio asked.

I sat down and told them everything. I could tell Sarah was really mad, and I didn't blame her. Her best friend's ex had already moved on less than two days after breaking up.

Sarah was very supportive, offering hand signals. But she was mad, and she paced around the bus and I could tell she was thinking really hard about something.

"Sarah, what are you thinking?" I asked.

"She can't talk." Jake reminded me.

Right. She couldn't talk.

"You know what I'm thinking?" she asked. Everyone gasped. "I'm thinking who cares if I can't talk, this is serious and we need to do something about it!"

"Sarah, you can't talk! You heard what the doctor said!" I yelled. I didn't yell in a mean way, but in a you better shut your mouth kind of way. She couldn't talk for two months!

"So? My best friend is hurt and I can't offer her the words of comfort she needs right now! With Joey it was like okay hugs help but I'm not going to let a stupid vocal rest stop me from being there for you."

"Hugs help!" I said. "You need to stop talking!"

She grabbed her jacket, and put it on. "I'm sure it'll cause more damage. I know that." she sighed. "But I can't let it stop me from doing what I love to do, and that's helping people."

"Sarah, your experience has helped so many people!"

"You know what? I've defeated the chances before! I had 2 brain surgeries, Jenna! I had an infection in my insision, asthma, fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, OCD! I've done it before, and I'm going to prove that I can do it again." she said, walking out and closing the door behind her.