Chapter 16- Protecting Each Other

Jenna's POV-

The guys and I didn't know what to do.

We could chase after Sarah.

But she had a point.

She had two points.

She did defeat the chances.

And she chose to be there for her best friend.

So why was I wondering what she was doing?

I knew she wouldn't do anything to hurt anything or anyone. But I had no clue what she was going to do.

"It's alright, Jenna." Whakaio said. "She'll be back soon."

Camm touched my shoulder. "You've got a good friend."

"We've got a good friend." I corrected. We did. And I was lucky for that.

We were lucky for that.

Sarah's POV-

I walked the parking lot of the venue where every bus was parked. I was going to The Summer Set bus.

It was right next to ours, so I had no trouble finding it.

But then I was stopped on my way there.

"What do you think you're doing?" someone asked. I turned around.

It was Oliver Sykes.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you." he laughed.

"I--I'm in a band called Take Six." I said.

"That's what I was thinking, but I heard you were on vocal rest so why exactly are you talking?"

"It's a long story."

"Mind telling it to me?" he asked. "We can hang out at our bus."

"I'd love to, but I've gotta go talk to my best friend's ex."

He laughed. "So that's what you're doing." he said. "Do you mind explaining this to me before I let you go find your best friend's ex?"

"I'm not going to hurt anything or anyone." I said.

"I believe you. But I think you should think about this before you do it."

I sighed. Oliver and I went to his bus, where the rest of the guys were already asleep. We sat on the couch in the longue and I told him everything.

"Ah, I see. Well, kid. You've got lots of bravery."

"Thank you." I said. "It's getting late. I should go."

"Alright." he said, leading me towards the door. "You know where you're going?"

"Yep. To The Summer Set bus."

____________________

Jess's POV-

I woke up a loud knock on the door. I groaned and got out of bed, sleepily opening the door. Sarah was standing there, with her arms crossed.

"Hey kid, whatydya want?" she asked.

"I want you to tell me what's going on." she said, walking onto the bus and pushing past me.

"I didn't invite you in yet." I said.

"Well too bad!" she said.

"What's wrong? You're acting like I did something to you!"

"Yeah well you know what? You didn't. You did something to my best friend!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you don't know! You think you can get away with this?"

John walked in, in shorts and no shirt. "Whoa, ladies what's going on?"

"That's what I'd like to know!" I said.

"Alright, alright. Sarah, what's wrong?"

She sighed. She thinks of John as like an older brother, so I know that she calmed a bit when talking to him. "Well, Jenna went to The Summer Set tent today."

"Oh crap." I said, realizing what was going on.

"Do you know something about this?" John asked.

I sighed. "Yeah, I do."

Tears fell from Sarah's eyes. "I'm sorry I yelled at you and barged in like this. I was just really mad because Jenna's my best friend."

"I know, and I totally get that." I said, hugging her. I did get that.

"Chicks." John laughed.

Sarah playfully punched him.

"Aren't you not supposed to be talking?" he asked.

"Do you think I could hear about something like this happening to my best friend and not talk?"

I looked at her. "I promise I didn't kiss her."

"Could you maybe tell me what happened then?"

I sat at The Summer Set merchandise tent. We were doing a meet and greet, and the last person to come up was Caroline.

I sighed as the guys walked away to leave us alone. She smiled. "How's Pippin?"

"Good." I said.

"Do you miss me?"

"I've moved on, Caroline."

"Come on, you know you do." she said.

"Sorry, but I've moved on."

"OMG! Jess and Caroline are back together? Kiss! Kiss so I can post it on my blog and tell the fans!"

And then she kissed me.

I right then pulled away. "We're not back together." I said.

"Why not?" Caroline asked.

"I told you why!" I said. "Please leave."

She left, and I sighed. So much drama.

Sarah closed her eyes. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have talked to you like that--"

"You had every right to." I said.

"Well now that we've got this found out, can we go back to sleep? Sarah,  you should not be talking and I'm going to walk you back to your bus."

"It's right across from you guys's."

"But I don't want anything to happen to you. I'm your older brother, I gotta protect you!"

Sarah smiled. She had a real bond with John, like brother and sister.

Awh, Sarah protects Jenna and John protects Sarah.....like friends do. :) thank you for reading :) -Sarah