Part Four

He opens your door and then gets in himself on the driver's side. He's holding your hand the entire right to your parents house. 

You both stay in the car for a few minutes once he's parked in the driveway. You're nervous about how your dad will treat him. You know your mom likes him, just by the way you've talked about him. 

Patrick finally steps out of the car and walks around to open your door. You step out "Always the gentleman," you smile up at him. 

"Everything is going to be fine baby. I love you, and I will still love you, even if your dad doesn't like me," he kisses you and takes your hand as you walk to the front door. 

You arrive at the door, you go to ring the door bell but it's not there anymore. Your eyebrow raises. Patrick's still holding your hand even tighter than before. You look down, his knuckles are white, you loosen the grip. "Oh, i'm sorry." You say. He holds it tighter "i didn't mind" he smiles back. The door opens. "Hello dear!" Your mother says excitedly! You let go of patrick's hand for a quick second to give your mother a hug! "Hi mom." You say. You notice your dad is behind her, you do not say hi "don't acknowledge him" you tell yourself. You pull back, "mom, This is Patrick." You say smiling wide and looking at him with lust-filled eyes. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." He says smiling. You can tell that he's nervous. Your mother brings him in for a hug. "Oh! How silly of me to forget! Please come in!" She welcomes. You both walk in. It doesn't feel like home anymore. It's neat and quiet, and the house feels uncomfortable. It doesn't feel like how it used to, it's like nothing was ever touched- unlike Patrick's. you consider his house home. Where you want to stay forever. Your father is standing by the kitchen entry now, holding a Shot of tequila. He flings his head back, and the shot goes with it, down his throat. He sets the glass behind him on a shelf, he licks his lips then shakes Patrick's hand, "Nice to meet you, er.. What's your name again?" Your father questions. "Patrick" he says with a wide smile, "It's so nice to finally meet you, sir." Your father chuckles. He goes over to hug you, and whispers in your ear "seriously? Where'd you find this guy? He looks like something from-" Your mother calls for your father to come help her out with plates, and he Scurries off. You look at Patrick, his face bright red, your father doesn't whisper quietly. "I'm sorry-" you begin to say. He puts a finger to your lips, "don't be." He smiles and takes your hand. 

Your mom has cooked her 'famous' meatloaf for dinner, and it smells delicious. You and Patrick walk down the hall to the kitchen, and it doesn't look the same at all. Everything is stark and white and way too clean. 

The table is set and the plates of food are in their spots. 

Patrick pulls out your chair and you sit down. "Always the gentleman" you whisper as he pushes you in.

He takes his seat next you and places his hand on your knee. You look at him and he gives you a reassuring smile. 

You look across the table and your mom is smiling, but your dad already looks slightly drunk. 'How many drinks did he have before we got here?' You wonder to yourself. 

Everyone begins to take pieces of food from the variety. "So, Patrick, what.. Eh do you do for a living?" You look to Patrick, his face bright red. "I, uh.. I am a music critic." He smiles after saying so. "Ahhh, a music critic." He says sarcastically while looking at you. "Yes sir, it's the perfect job for me, i love music and i get to listen to it and get paid for it. It's fantastic" he replies excited. You place your hand over his on your leg. Your dad nods, not impressed, and shoves a mouthful of meatloaf into his face. "So, Mom, hows the office been?" You say, breaking the silence.

Your mom takes a bite of the meat and swallows before saying, "very good. It's going well. They fired Anna so it has been so much less dramatic than usual." You smile, and take a bite of carrots. "What are your intentions with my daughter?" Your dad belts, eyeing Patrick. Patrick drops his fork and says "Sir, i intend to keep loving your daughter forever, and continue to make her the happiest girl in the world." He looks at you and wiggles his nose. You smile. "You're actually happy with this?" Your dad asks you, gesturing his hands up and down at patrick. "You actually love THIS?" He questions. "Of course I do. He is the most perfect person I have ever met." You say back, offended. Your father grunts. You mother calls his name, "Stop it now." She says to him. Then looks at you with sorry eyes. "You wipe your mouth with a napkin." And say, "maybe we should go." Patrick grasps your hand, "baby, no. It's okay, really."

You sit back down and Patrick scoots closer to you and keeps his hand tight on your knee. 

You sit through the rest of dinner, not really tasting your food. You dad continues to make nasty remarks about Patrick and you've just about had enough when you hear "I'm gonna go to bed." 

Your father gets up and goes to his room. 

"I'm so sorry honey. It was nice to meet you, Patrick. I think you're absolutely perfect for my baby girl." Your mom says as she starts to clean up. 

"I love you mom. I shouldn't have brought him to meet daddy. I should've know better. We're gonna head out." You tell her a you turn to Patrick. 

"Are you going to tell her?" He whispers in your ear. 

"Oh. Mom."

"Yes dear?"

"I'm moving in with Patrick. Sometime this week."

"AWWW baby I'm so proud of you!" Your mom starts to tear up. She's been waiting for this all your life. She runs up and hugs you again. "You really love this boy, don't you honey?" She whispers. 

"Yeah mom. I really do," you smile and look back at Patrick, who is standing there waiting, smiling. 

"I love your daughter. And I plan to take care of her," he says as you walk to him and he hugs you tight. 

"Bye mom!"

"Bye sweetie. Love you!" She calls after you as you both walk out the door.