Chapter 1: The Shining Beacon

Skyler had expected a lot of things on the day he went to Beacon. He did not expect Ruby Rose coming with him and Yang.

"I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me!" Yang exclaimed, hugging her sister, "This is the best day ever!!"

"Of all time," Skyler finished with a smirk.

"Please stop..." Ruby groaned.

Yang let go and grinned, "But I'm so proud of you!!"

"Really, sis," Ruby said, "It was nothing."

"I wouldn't call skipping two years 'nothing'," Skyler muttered.

"He's right!" Yang exclaimed, "Everyone at school's gonna think you're the bee's knees!"

"'Bee's knees'?" Skyler said, confused, "Who says that?"

"I don't want to be the 'bee's knees', okay?" Ruby exclaimed, "I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

"What's with you?" Yang asked, "Aren't you excited?"

"Of course I'm excited, I just," Ruby sighed, "I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything."

Yang went over and gave her sister a one-armed hug, "But you are special."

The conversation was interrupted by a news cast, "The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa."

"Thank you Cyril," the reporter, Lisa Lavender, said when the screen changed, "In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted-"

The news cut off and was replaced by a hologram of the huntress Skyler saw haul Ruby away, "Hello, and welcome to Beacon!"

"Who's that?" Yang asked.

"My name is Glynda Goodwitch."

"Oh."

"You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy!" Glynda continued, "Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

Her hologram disappeared and everyone looked out the window.

"Oh wow!" Ruby squealed, "You can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't too far after all."

"Beacon's our home now," Yang said.

Skyler smiled, but the three then turned to see and armored male with blonde hair, holding his hands to his mouth with a sick look on his face. The male turned and ran past them, trying not to puke.

"Well..." Yang smiled awkwardly, "I guess the view isn't for everyone."

"Yeah..." Skyler agreed.

"I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy," Ruby said, before looking down and freaking out, "Oh, gross!! Yang, you have puke on your shoes!!"

Then Yang began freaking out, "Grossgrossgrossgrossgross!!!"

"Get away from me! Get away from me!!"
_______________________________
Once they landed, the blonde boy ran to the nearest trash can and puked his lunch out. Feeling a bit sorry for him, Skyler walked over and patted him on the back.