Chapter 26: Destiny

By the time, Skyler made towards RWBY's dorm room, someone was heading away from that direction. It was General Ironwood from Atlas. And well, Skyler nearly ran into him. Skyler managed to stop himself before he ran the General over.

"Oh crap!!" Skyler skidded to a halt, "Sorry sir!! I didn't mean-"

"No, it's fine," Ironwood replied, "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

"I'm... going to Team RWBY's dorm," he answered, a bit hesitant.

Ironwood raised an eyebrow, "And why is that?"

"Um..." Skyler gulped, not sure if honesty was best here, but his late parents didn't raise a liar, "Yang Xiao Long's my girlfriend. I need to see her and find out what happened."

Ironwood looked a bit skeptical for a second, but saw that Skyler was sincere, and his expression softened, "Very well. But if she says something off, I want you to report it to Ozpin. Regardless of anything, we all saw what happened. I'm sure you understand."

Skyler sighed, "Yes, sir."

"Farewell, Mister..."

"Skyler Yin."

"Farewell, Mr. Yin. I hope to see you again. Under better circumstances, of course."

And with that, the Atlesian General walked away. Skyler, though feeling humble, starting walking swiftly again. He made it to the dorm and knocked. Ruby peeked out before fully opening the door.

"Oh, hey Skyler," she said, understandably in a downed mood, "We were just leaving. You came to see Yang?"

Skyler nodded, "Yeah. Can I come in?"

Blake nodded with a smile, "Yeah. We'll get out of your hair."

The girls left the room and Skyler closed the door behind him. The moment Yang saw him, she teared up and jumped into his arms. Skyler didn't complain in the slightest. As of right now, this was all she needed. A shoulder to cry on. Eventually, they separated and sat down on Yang's bed.

"You..." Yang hesitated, "You don't believe I did that on purpose, do you?"

Skyler took a deep breath, trying to find the right words, "Well, I know what I saw. But at the same time, I know for a fact that you wouldn't do anything like that. You may have a temper, but you wouldn't go there."

Yang smiled sadly, indicating that Skyler said the right words, "Thank you... Thank you so much."

Skyler smiled back and kissed her on the cheek, "Just get some rest. I gotta get back to the stadium in case I'm called. See you soon."

"See ya."

Skyler opened the door... and the rest of Team RWBY fell into the room. Ruby looked up at Skyler and chuckled nervously.

"Really?" Skyler deadpanned.

"Cheese it!!" Ruby yelped, and just as fast as they fell, the three ran off.

Well, Weiss and Blake got away. Ruby tripped halfway across the hall and fell to the floor. Skyler walked over and helped her up.

"Come on," he said, but he couldn't help but smile, "I'm guessing you want to go to see the next match?"

Ruby nodded vigorously, and Skyler smiled and rolled his eyes, "Then let's go."
_______________________________
At the cliffside docking bays down the main alleyway and under the floating Amity Colosseum, Ruby and Skyler walked up to the end of the line waiting to get in the transport up to the arena. They spotted Sun Wukong walking away, his weapon over his shoulder, with a familiar rabbit Faunus snapping photos of him. The two stepped out of line and approached her from behind as she continued taking pictures with her camera until the rabbit Faunus noticed who was behind her.

"Ruby, Skyler!" Velvet smiled brightly, turning around, "How are you doing?"

Ruby raised a hand in greeting, "Hi, Velvet!"

"What're you up to?" Skyler asked.

Velvet rolled her eyes happily, "Oh, you know. Just working on my photography. Do you wanna see?"

She showed her camera to the two, looking extremely delighted. The two leaders immediately noticed that Velvet didn't even get all of Sun in her picture, cutting out his head and feet.

"That's... better," Ruby stepped away as she grins in forced approval, Skyler doing the same.

"I'm... sorry about Yang," Velvet said, concerned, "Is she doing okay?"

Ruby looked away, "Yeah, she's fine, heh. Thanks."

Velvet put the camera away in the box on her back, "I think it's just awful what people are saying about her. Yang's such a nice person."

"Well, I'm glad someone thinks so," Skyler smiled.

"Most people don't know what it's like on the battlefield," Velvet continued, "I mean, even experienced fighters can get scared and start seeing things. If it happened to Coco, it can happen to anyone."

Ruby cocked her head to the side, "Coco?"

"Something happened to Coco?" Skyler asked, now confused.

"Yeah," Velvet answered, "She swore she saw Yatsu with her in the forest during the fight with Emerald and Mercury, but he never even made it out of the geyser fields. Stress-induced hallucinations, apparently."

"Yeah..." Ruby and Skyler shared a look, only to flinch and look at Velvet after a quick flash startles them.

Velvet lowered the camera from her face, smiling apologetically, "Oh! Sorry!"
_______________________________
Skyler pondered over Velvet's words, pacing around the stadium. He needed to get his team's input on this. But at the same time, he might be called up. Wasn't he relieved when he wasn't.

Once Penny and Pyrrha were called up, he immediately got on the next airship and texted his team to meet him in the docking bay. They needed to talk.
_______________________________
Oh dear, this episode hit us all like a truck when it came out. And the next episode began to slowly break us. Till next time guys!