Chapter 4: Players and Pieces

Skyler and Hazel, finally, made it into a large clearing. They spotted a small ruin in the middle of it and two other figures there. As Skyler and Hazel approached, Skyler recognized them. He got a bit nervous as he saw that one was the black-haired girl, but he lightened up a bit when he saw the other.

"Skyler!!" Yang tackled him in a hug, "You made it!!"

"Yang..." Skyler choked.

"Yeah?"

"Air!"

"Oh!" she quickly let go and Skyler gasped, "Sorry!"

"It's fine," he waved off and looked at her partner, "And you are..."

"Blake," she said in a quiet voice, "Belladonna."

"Skyler Yin. Nice to meet you."

"And I'm Hazel Tikal," his partner said, "Skyler's partner."

"Cool!" Yang said, "Keep an eye on him, alright? He's a handful."

"Yang!" Skyler scolded before turning to the ruin, "So what do we have here?"

"Chess pieces," Blake said, "You pick up one for you and your partner."

Skyler walked over and picked up one, the white bishop, "Alright! Got it. What n-"

Suddenly, there was a loud high-pitched scream in the distance.

"Some girl's in trouble!" Yang exclaimed, "Guys, did you hear that?"

"Um, Yang?" Blake pointed up.

They all looked up to see Ruby dropping in from the sky, "HEADS UUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!"

Before she made it to the ground, though, suddenly, there was Jaune. He collided with Ruby in midair, sending them both into a tree.

"Did your sister just fall from the sky?" Blake asked.

"I-" Yang was interrupted by a roar.

They all turned to see an Ursa stumble out of the forest. It appeared as if it was trying to get something of its back.

Then a girl's voice yelled, "YEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!"

And the Ursa promptly fell to the ground, sending two people, a male and a female, tumbling. The male wore green and black attire and had black hair with a pink streak. The female wore a pink and white dress and had orange hair. The girl got up.

"Aww," she groaned, "It's broken..."

She climbed back on top of it, "Ewww..."

"Nora!" the guy gasped, trying to catch his breath, "Please... Don't ever do that again..."

But then he looked up and noticed his partner was gone. Everyone turned and saw Nora grab the white rook piece and start making poses.

"I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!"

"NORA!!!" the guy yelled, stopping her.