Chapter 28: Battle of Beacon

About halfway back, Skyler ran into a pack of Beowolves. He groaned and attacked them, but he knew he shouldn't complain. After all, these hoards of Grimm weren't going to stop anytime soon. He managed to slice through most of the pack, but the last one gave him trouble.

An Alpha Beowolf. Skyler remembered the last time he took one down, way back in Emerald Forest with Hazel. He grinned, switching his katana into gun-form. He shot fire at it, causing it to step back in pain. Skyler vaulted over it, switched back into sword-form, and slashed down the Alpha's back. The Alpha collapsed, dead.

Then an Ursa pounced towards him, but before Skyler could react, it was shot out of the air. Skyler turned to see his team standing there, Dante's crossbow smoking.

"Let us have some fun, would ya?" Dante joked.

"I'm all for having fun," Walker said, "But this isn't really the time for jokes. We need to get back to Beacon."

Skyler nodded, "Let's go then."

They started running, but then a tremor started. They stopped in their tracks, looking around. Another tremor. The mountain outside the city started to violently shake and crumble.

Suddenly, the mountain completely broke apart, releasing a titanic Dragon-like Grimm. The Dragon roared and flew over the abandoned Mountain Glenn, heading towards Beacon. As it flew, it exuded a black, tar-like substance which dropped to the ground in the city and spawned various Grimm.

Team SHDW stood shoulder to shoulder as Grimm spawned around them. Skyler glanced around as Beowolves, Ursa, and Creeps surrounded them.

"You guys ready?" Skyler asked.

"Ready," Walker nodded grimly.

"Always," Hazel replied.

"Wouldn't miss this for the world," Dante grinned.

And they attacked.
_______________________________
Again, sorry for the short chapter. Not a lot really happens, other than that Dragon Grimm. But next time, we get more insight on Skyler's past. Till next time guys!