Chapter 18: This One Goes to 19

Dummy after dummy fell, sliced in two. Skyler smirked. He was getting faster. With every round, Skyler cut through all the dummies slightly faster than the previous round.

Why was he training alone? Well, Hazel and Dante were doing their own spar in the arena, while Walker was in the library, studying up on different fighting techniques. So Skyler was here, having target practice.

"You know, you don't improve that much when you practice alone."

Skyler turned to see the green haired female exchange student watching him from the doorway. He caught his breath.

"Oh! Hey," he said, "You're... Emerald, right?"

"That's me," she answered, "Thought you and your team would take a mission."

"If I had a lien for every time I have been told that. Yeah, we just decided to train here. Can't leave the school undefended, right?"

"Right..." Emerald muttered, "Hey. Want to have a sparring match?"

"Dante and Hazel are using the arena right now, but we can go as soon as their done."

"Fine by me."
_______________________________
Dante and Hazel were really going at it. The two were swiping at each other with their weapons, until finally, Hazel swung vertically down while Dante blocked by putting his axes in an X shape.

The two stared at each other intensely, trying to get an edge. Finally, Dante smirked, confusing her. Thanks to that momentary show of weakness, Dante swept his leg out, sweeping Hazel off her feet. When she looked up, she saw his axe pointed at her. She checked her aura bar, and sure enough, she was in the red.

Dante still had that smirk on his face as he put away his axes and offered a hand, "I win."

Hazel rolled her eyes, a faint blush on her face, "Whatever."

She grabbed his hand and he helped her up, "That was a fluke and you know it."

"Sure it was," Dante grinned, turning, "Now come on. I'm getting hungry. You up for lunch?"

Hazel was glad he had turned around, or else he would've seen the bright blush present on her face, "S-sure. Let's go."

On the way, Hazel began to wonder if Skyler's teasing of them actually meant something.
_______________________________
Walker in the meantime was studying his geology in the library. He already knew most about the four kingdoms and the world of Remnant, but he was more studying about the areas outside the kingdoms.

Those areas had always interested him. Most of the area outside the kingdom was unknown, due to constant Grimm attacks on anyone who dared venture out that far from safety. Walker wanted to become a Huntsman to try and learn more about these areas and to see if there could be any more places humans and Faunus could survive.

"Whatcha doing?"

Walker jumped at the unfamiliar voice. He turned to see a fellow female student there. She had brown hair, wore a brown beret, brown and black attire, and black sunglasses. The girl lowered her sunglasses, allowing Walker to see that she had dark brown eyes.

"Geez," he breathed, "You scared me half to death."

"At least it wasn't all the way to death," the girl joked, "Sorry about that. You looked like you were giving yourself carpal tunnel."

It was then Walker realized how close his face was to the screen, "Oh... right. Didn't notice that..."

He held out his hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Walker Elliot."