Chapter 12: A Minor Hiccup

After Professor Port's class, as well as more of Jaune's failed attempts at asking out Weiss, Skyler headed back to his room. But on the way, he passed by Team RWBY's room and heard what was being said, as their door was open slightly.

"Alright guys," Ruby exclaimed, "Today's the day! The investigation begins!"

"I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously," Weiss said sarcastically.

"Hey, we've got a plan!" Yang argued, "That's... moderately serious."

"Right!" Ruby looked around at her teammates, "Everyone remember their roles?"

"You and I will head to the CCT," Weiss stated, "And check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem."

"The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members," Blake said, "If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning."

"I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale," Yang put in, "Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard..."

"Please tell me you're not talking about Junior."

The team jumped at the sound of Skyler's voice, who said, "Hello, I couldn't help but overhear you girls from your open door. Are you going to find out more about the White Fang?"

"Don't try and stop us," Blake said, rather harshly.

"Are you kidding?" Skyler replied, "If anything, I want in! I was there at the docks too, you know!"

"He's got a point," Weiss admitted.

"...Fine," Blake replied, "You can join us."

"You can come with me!" Yang said excitedly, "You know Junior too, don't you?"

"How could I forget?" Skyler replied, "Last time I went there, you trashed the place."

"Are you in or not?"

Skyler sighed, "I guess I'm in."

"Great!" Ruby said, "We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!"

"Yeah!" a familiar voice said, startling them all.

Everyone turned to see Sun outside, hanging from a tree, looking through the open window.

"Sun?!" Blake exclaimed.

"How did you get up there?" Yang asked.

"Ah, it's easy," Sun said, "I do it all the time."

"You do what?!" Weiss exclaimed.

"Dude," Skyler said, "Phrasing."

"I climb trees all the time!" Sun corrected and he flipped into the dorm room, "So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake stepped forward, "We are going to investigate the situation... as a team."

"Plus one!" Skyler added.

"Sorry, Sun," Ruby apologized, "We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to."

"Psh!" Sun scoffed, "That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune!"

They all leaned out the window on top of one another cartoon-style and saw the aforementioned teammate of Sun's standing outside, cool as can be.

"Sup?" Neptune said.

"How did you even get up here?" Ruby asked.

"I have my ways," Neptune then looked down nervously, "Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now."

They got him inside and Ruby laid out the new plan, "Alright, I'll go with Weiss; Sun, you can go with Blake..."

Ruby then pushed Neptune past Weiss (Neptune winking at Weiss), "And Neptune can go with Yang and Skyler. Everyone good?"

"Actually, Ruby," Weiss suggested, "Why don't you go with Yang and Skyler? After all, Yang's your sister and Skyler's your childhood friend."

Ruby pushed Neptune, who was stiff as a board, in between Yang and Skyler. When Ruby was done pushing him, he rocked back and fourth looking nervous. Yang put her hand on his shoulder to stop him from rocking.

"But, Weiss," Ruby said, "Who would go with you, then?"

"Well... I guess Neptune could come with me."

Neptune put on a suave look and pointed at Weiss, but RWBY's team leader cracked up, "Hahaha, nah!"

Weiss was obviously less than amused, yet was powerless to stop Ruby from pulling her by the back out the door.

Weiss stuck her arms out fruitlessly trying to get back to Neptune, "But! But!"
_______________________________
Yang, Skyler, and Neptune walked into the garage, where Yang's motorcycle, Bumblebee, was parked. Although they realized that it was a small motorcycle and tried deciding the order.

Yang was the driver, obviously, but neither Neptune nor Skyler wanted the back seat. Neptune suggested Rock, Paper, Scissors, but Skyler suggested something else.

"How about whoever can come up with the stupidest idea?" Skyler said.

"That idea is stupid," Neptune said.

"Is that your answer?"

Neptune shrugged, "Fine. That's my answer."

"Very well," Skyler then said, "Here's mine..."

He leaned in, "Card games... on motorcycles."

Neptune flinched, ".....Screw it, you win."

Skyler gave a fist pump, "Yes!"

They got on Bumblebee and Yang took off, Neptune barely able to hang on.
_______________________________
Sorry for the short chapter, but the real stuff doesn't start until next chapter. And since (spoiler alert) Skyler will be absent from the second half of the giant mech fight, I've included something else that I've tied into this story. Till next time guys!