Chapter 11: Welcome to Beacon

In the Beacon Academy library a few hours of cleaning up later, Team RWBY was playing Remnant: The Game, Team JNPR was studying, and Team SHDW was just kinda hanging out, some watching the card game. Then Ruby, who has been contemplating her next move, made her move.

Ruby pointed at Yang, "Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!"

Yang thrust her elbow down as she balled her fist, "Bring it on!"

"I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet!" Ruby slapped her card down on the table and Yang feigned a look of shock, "Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!"

Yang gasped, "You fiend!!"

"And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only... one turn!"

Then Yang laughed, "Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!!"

'If only they made a show based on a card game like this,' Skyler thought, '...Nah, that sounds stupid. The only thing that would make that idea stupider is if it were on motorcycles.'

"Giant Nevermore!" Yang slammed the card down on the table, "If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

"But!" Ruby put in, "If you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!"

"That's just a chance I'm willing to take," Yang glared at her sister.

Unfortunately for Ruby, Yang rolled an eight, "Nooooooooo!! My fearless soldiers!!"

Yang shrugged, "Eh, most of them were probably androids."

"Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged..."

"Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!"

"Bah!"

Nora, who snored, began talking in her sleep, "Oh. Have pancakes."

"Oh, and what's this?" Yang said, "The Smugglers of Wind Path?"

Ruby growled, "Bah! Bah, I say!"

"I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!"

And thus, the battle was over, Yang, the victor.

"Have you no heart?" Ruby collapsed on the table, crying, "Nooo!"

"Well, Weiss," Yang said to her sister's partner, "It's your turn."

"I have..." Weiss said, "Absolutely no idea what's going on."

"But hey," Hazel grinned, "It's entertaining to watch."

"I am so glad you're getting a kick out of it," Weiss glared, "I'll be sure to take advice from the peanut gallery."

Hazel glared back, "Whatever, Ice Queen."

"Will everyone stop calling me that?!"

"You can't change who you are, Ice Queen."