Glorfindel

"Wake up..." A deep voice commands from above. This seemed like the hundredth time this minute the voice asked me to wake up. Or vise-versa but I couldn't be sure. Everything was blurry. The voice seemed to echo in through the darkness of my mind. But my mind was a deep place and most the time it never reached me.

But as I felt my body being moved, I started to wake up slowly. I started to gain control of my body. Eventually I could move my mouth; but only air would come out. My eyes felt as if they were glued shut.

"Do not strain yourself. I see you are now awake. Relax..." The silky voice soothes. I eventually succumb to sleep again after not having the strength nor brain power to continue trying to keep my self awake. My eyes weren't opening, and frankly, it was quite frightening so I just fell back into the comforts of sleep.

I'm not quite sure how much time went by until I woke up again. This time, I was on a horse, full speed. The ride was quite rough and I had no access to my body. I could feel the bumps and when we made quite a high jump over god knows what. I could have swore I grunted because my back slammed- quite roughly- into the person behind me. I wasn't sure who I was with but I had a feeling it was still Glorfindel. Or not. Who knows? Not me, obviously.

When I woke up this time, my eyes allowed me to open them but my body was too weak to move. I discovered that when I tried to move my arms to sit up but they collapsed from under me. I ended up hitting my head... Which, in turn, gave me a splendid headache. (Note the sarcasm) Since my body was rebelling, I just stared into the fire in a melancholy manner.

It took me a couple minutes to realize that I was all alone. Alone and mysteriously sick. More like throw me off a bridge. I had already tried to sit up a couple times and it didn't work, so that obviously wasn't an option.

As I contemplated just rolling into the fire, I heard a noise from behind me, and out of sheer will, I shot up ignoring the pain. I quickly looked to my left and saw someone climbing out of the woods, quite gracefully. It didn't take me long to recognize that the person was Glorfindel.

As he approached, he looked surprised that I was awake. The elven-lord threw the thin sticks that he had in his hand, into the fire, causing it to grow vigorously. I had to wonder why he was making it so big but then I realized it was late evening and we had all night. Glorfindel sat on a log opposite of me and grabbed up a bowl that was sitting in front of it.

Glorfindel ate quietly. Even so, I could hear him. I could also hear his breathing which was a bit weird, but before I never could. I also, could never see the roots of someones hair and the pores on someones face, or even the occasional freckle on his arm, up to seven feet away. As I looked around, everything seemed to be in HD, I could see quite far into the forest without even having to squint.

"How are you feeling?" Glorfindel asked from his log.

I gave him a wary look then switched my gaze to the stars. Something deep inside told me to trust him; but I had other feelings that fled to the top and gave off caution signs like the world was ending tomorrow.

Glorfindel gave a wise considerate look and glanced away.

"I am Glorfindel of Imladris."

He looks back at me.

"At least tell me your name."

I glanced back over to him and shrugged.

"P." I answer simply.

Glorfindel smiled wryly at me and my brain stopped working. He wasn't allowed to do that. I have now concluded elven-lords are forbidden from doing that because I might just die if he does it again.

"That is not your name." He says knowingly.

I roll my eyes.

"How would you know?" I sass.

"You say so, yet your eyes tell another tale."

"Whatever..." I answer tiredly.

Glorfindel tilts his head slightly, "I do not know that word but I think I understand the meaning."

I snort and get settled back under my covers. All the while, I ignore my headache and the burning of my eyes that begged for sleep.

"Tell me, how old are you​?"

I squint at him and look back into the fire.

"I am seventeen." I say, though my blankets muffled it.

Glorfindel gives surprised look and I glare.

"What?"

Glorfindel shakes his head, "It is nothing."

I roll my eyes

He was treading on my patience clumsily and I was about to snap. I hate when people get into my business. It was quite annoying.

As I settled back down in my covers, my eyelids began to droop.

"From where do you hail?" Glorfindel asks curiously.

And without thinking about it, I mumble, "None of your business..."

Glorfindel chuckles as I fade into darkness once more.