Lost (Last)

"Peyton Marie Willow! What in the sam hell?" My dad's voice... that's the first thing I heard.

"Shut up!" I groan and turn over in the itchy grass.

"You run out of the house in a frenzy all worked up and fall asleep... OUT HERE?"

And that's when my eyes snapped open. The milky blue sky is the first thing I noticed, it wasn't crystal blue anymore. And the air... the air was heavy... not light and vigorous. I opened my mouth to talk but instead... a sick feeling curled up in my upper stomach and I turned over and puked. Ignoring my dad's concerned voice, I pressed the palms of my hands to the earth and stood. My body was heavy and I was unable to move as easily, my heels sunk into the mud... No longer was my hair that long and elegant mane; it was short and tangled. What happened next really takes the cake, I was in the same little clearing I fell asleep in... My bag was next to me.

"D-dad?" I whisper hoarsely. Never before had I felt this longing.. this maternal longing. The only thing I wanted was my dad... just my dad at this very moment.

"Dad!" I cry. His face is struck in a pure shocked state as I tackle him to the ground. His arms stay flat to the ground and I feel my heart pull. All this time... Without him, this is all I really want... this is all I really need. My daddy. Sooner than expected, I'm wrapped into his warm embrace as he sits up with me leaning fully against his chest. I felt our hearts connect, but not just quite and a weird repulse happens and I pull away.

"Can I take this as an apology?" He asks playfully. He shook his head, clearing the blonde hair from his face. I watch as he gets to his feet, pulling me up with him. Seeing modern day clothes on another person is quite weird. He sported a pair of sweatpants, a plain t-shirt, and bath robe. With an unfamiliar aching in my chest, I allow him to lead me out of the forest... and back home.

***

Clad in my simple pajama shorts and a tank-top, I lounge on the roof during the cold winter night. The cold was welcomed... the numbness made me feel slightly more real. Going so long without feelings the climates, it was interesting to feel the air and realize how much I took it for granted. Not being able to hear so harshly made me more relaxed and not so alert now that I had regular ears. My sight, however, will always be shit. I couldn't see very far and usually, it was never this bad before... or so I think. With an arm around my stomach and one behind my head, I thought about my past few unbelievable hours.

Yes, the truth was that I was back and it seemed to be all just a dream. Though it didn't seem. Of course I kept all this to myself... he would just think I'm crazy. My dad was never an adventurous person, he mainly stuck to the safe life, staying away from forgien things, places, and ideals. Some people say I am just like him in that respect, I don't think so. I think I'm more like my mom. I may not like change but that does not make me a home-body.

"Peyton..." Bertha's soft voice came from my balcony and I cringed; immediately being filled with negative feelings.

"Don't try to make me come in Bertha..." I said unenthusiastically.

"I'm not." There was a sudden thump and something lands beside my head.

"Watch it." I hiss. Looking to my left, I spot Liam. Rage fills me. "What have I said about touching my stuff!" I shout, though I receive no answers. With a sigh, I run my hands down my face. Doing what Elrond told me to do as I thought of my Mother. Okay, I can do this. Don't rip her head off, Peyton. My white tipped nails grab one of the straps of the backpack and I sling it into my lap. Inside was a blanket, flashlight, salad in a little container with a blue top and a little note. I furrow my eyebrows and read it,