Stone Giants and A Warm Cave

The harsh, fat rain pelted down against the colossal mountains. The sky was dark blue and covered with gray clouds that poured their content upon the earth. My blue cape fluttered from behind me as Kili followed close behind. I shielded my head with my cape, it protected my sensitive ears; never had I experienced something so loud. My elven boots really came in handy at this point, the grip was amazing and I didn't slip once. I kept a hand on the side of the mountain.

"Hold on!" Thorin yells from ahead.

I look to the other cliff a long ways away and back ahead of me. This is very dangerous... Too dangerous in fact.

"Bilbo!" Dwalin exclaims as Bilbo slipped off the cliff. My heart catches when I realize I'm too far away. What am I worrying about? I know what's suppose to happen... Speaking of which... Goblins are going to show up sometime soon but I can't remember how. I mentally sighed and carried on with the rest of them.

"Bolder!" Dwalin shouts. BOLDER? A huge object of hard rock was headed straight for us, instead of a head-on impact it hit just above. Debris rained down from

above and I pressed myself against the wall so I didn't get hit but unfortunately, I'm not that lucky. I got hit on my right shoulder a few times by rocks the size of my head or hand.

"This is not a thunderstorm, it's a thunder-battle!" Balin informs.

"The legends are true!" Bofur exclaims with a face of astonishment much like the rest of us. My mouth dropped open as my eyes nearly popped out of my head.

I have seen the movies and read the books but seeing stone giants fighting in real life is something else. Their jagged bodies smashed against each other as they fought ruthlessly. Dark rock bodies battled sloppily, throwing rock punches and tackling each other into other giants. One of them smashed into us and we were all separated. It was a mess of screaming, shuffling, and trying to stay on the ledge as the ancient object moved. Our mountain began to wake up and I was pushed back by Kili onto our side. He tried to grab Fili's hand but the giant moved too fast. As soon as it gained it's footing, it was punched directly in the face. I would have laughed if my life wasn't at stake. I grabbed onto the wall, my nails digging in as my finger bruised and bled from constantly being cut and beaten. Our ledge moved quickly and hit the side of another mountain. I grabbed Kili's arm and pulled him up as we collapsed on the other side. I ended up next to Thorin somehow. I let out a scream as the giant took out a chuck of rock from beside us and threw it at the giant Fili and the other's were on.

"You crazy son of bitches!" I exclaimed when a giants head was thrown. Huge bits of rocks came down all over the place... giving me more bruise. I slammed back against the mountain and hung on as the other dwarves came crashing down beside us, leading to more screams from the Dwarves about their kin. My heart jolted and I followed Thorin's cries. We reach the other half of the company and I'm given few a slaps on the back from them. We all took a moment but it was cut short by me asking where Bilbo was, then Bofur voiced it out loud causing them to squabbled about who had seen him last... that was until Bofur spotted him hanging off the ledge and it all came back to me.

"Biblo!" I shout, deftly making my way to the hobbit who hung on the side. He was absolutely terrified. Ori stupidly dived for him making him lose his grip and fall. I scream and jump also hanging by the side with Thorin on the other side, we both grab the hobbit and hoist him up. Thorin expertly climbs the side, but it was too slippery as i began to climb and I slipped. I cried out and hung by one hand.

"Lass!" Dwalin exclaims.

"I've got it!" Thorin jumps down next to me again and puts a hand on my back while Dwalin grabs my hand and pulls; Thorin pushes me up. I knell down and help Thorin up with Dwalin's help. Before I could thank them Thorin pops a sudden attitude, ruffled from his tangle with death. My heart was beating like a hummingbirds wings and I could hear it in my ears.