Walking Through Fire

"Azog!" I yelled, alerting my amity. The dwarves were suddenly vigilant in there stance as they gripped their weapons but they made no move to heed my warning.

"Out of the fire..." Thorin said. What... does that even mean?

"And into the frying pan..." Gandalf added. "Run!"

"We always do that..." I panted. The dwarves immediately sprung into action, fleeing to a safer area... or so they thought. I was right behind them, jumping over branches and dodging Dwarves who were running too slow; I slid passed trees on my way down, the hill was steep so I needed to slow way down in order to not trip and bust my head open, that'd be fortunate, wouldn't it?

The snarling of the lone wargs fueled my retreat as I soundlessly jumped and dodged my way down. My blue cape whipped behind me as I made my way. At one point I was at the front of the group and the next I was in the back... then the front... we were ever changing in our positions. Or maybe I just didn't have a spot in the group formation?

Though the giant creatures caught up pretty quickly, I was still ahead of them. One headed straight for Bilbo, I went to intervene but a warg stopped me. I quickly stuck my sword straight through it's eye; invading its brain. My stomach began to ache at the look and feel of the inside of it's head on my sword. I quickly put myself back together and went after the Warg that attacked Bilbo but he had already been taken care of it. I pulled the sword of it's head and handed it to Bilbo, who looked petrified. I grabbed his hand and kept him with me as we followed the rest of the Dwarves in the middle of a formation they unconsciously made.

Luck wasn't with us for long since I forgot about the whole ending scene and the fight from hell. GOD no. I almost wanted to turn around and haul ass down the mountain... but I'm not a coward. I'm not going to abandon my friends at the hands of some fugly Orc who had no business being here. Stupid Azog. We ran until the mountain was no more and a colossal fall was just awaiting us. I cringed, this can't be any worse than the Stone-giants. I turn right to see Bilbo breathing heavy as he leaned back against a tree.

"Up into the trees! All of you!" Gandalf cried.

I was way ahead of them because my ass was already up high in one of the huge pine-trees. I sat upon one of the highest branches clutching it for dear life. A few of the Dwarves made there way into my tree and the rest picked a tree and stuck with it. I heard the snarling of the Wargs from the trees. Bilbo was still down there, fretting about where to go. I deftly climbed down, I dropped down on the branch above Bilbo and threw my hand down. "Shorty!" I called, he looked behind him to see my hand and he didn't think twice before grasping it and climbing up as I pulled him right before the Wargs shot down. I squatted down next to Bilbo who could stand fully on the branch; and made sure to keep a hand on the branch above me for balance.

The wargs put their ears back and crouched down as Azog approached on his own warg. He had a mace in his right hand and a sharp piece of metal jammed through the pale stump that would be his left elbow. I cringed at the realistic features, his white skin was smooth with battle scars on selective places all about his body. He sat up straight on his mount, with an intimidating presence, but something inside of me wanted to fight... settle some ancient score. He began to speak to Thorin though I couldn't understand what it was; no doubt he was teasing Thorin about his father and how how he was slain. Azog was such a dick, but Thorin was kind of a dick too; a hot one at that. What? I never said he wasn't attractive... physically. The only thing I caught was "Thorin" and "Thrain" and then he thrust his jagged mace forward.

I was almost knocked off the tree by the force of the wargs tackling it. My grip tightened on the branches and I concreted my stance. The wargs kept jumping up and ripping the branches off causing us to climb higher... Azog yelled in another language making me cringe as I climbed into the thinner branches. I held on to the base of the tree but the wargs ended up knocking our tree over. I grabbed onto Bilbo's shoulder as we collided with the other trees and it fell into the final one that grew right before the straight drop down the ground. It was mess of grunting and yelling as we all hopped, skipped, and jumped to safety... or so they thought. The dwarves all squeezed themselves into the tree, all of us together was much too much weight and even though I knew what was to come, I still found myself imagining it falling over. Chills crawled down my spine at Azogs laugh as he looked us over. His eyes lingered on me curiously and I gave him nasty look.