Great Warrior

In the short time Glorfindel and I had traveled, we had learned a lot about each other. Well, he told me nothing new, of course, since I read the books. What I told him about me was more than I had told anybody. The dwarves were an exception though. They knew a lot about me. Well, no one knew I was from another world. My I-pod had a solar powered charger. Trust me, this thing cost a lot of money, but it was worth it. So, when Glorfindel asked me what it was when I was setting it up, I told him it was none of his business. He seemed to accept that answer and refrained from asking me too many questions, only after a huge outburst from me though. I ended up cussing him out, long story short, he had to restrain me because I had totally lost my marbles, that was yesterday actually. I was still recovering. The only thing that was keeping me sane was music. Music seemed to calm me down more so than anything else.

One night, Glorfindel and I were sitting down in front of the daily fire. I was rummaging through Liam, trying to find my I-pod and Glorfindel was cooking something. He was quite easy to get along with. He didn't talk to much, except for if he was asking questions, THEN he got annoying. But getting to stare at a hot Elven-lord all day was quite entertaining and I had no problem with it. Glorfindel didn't seem to mind my company either.

"Glory?" I ask, and began staring at the fire pensively. My arms became limp as they rested in my bag. I fell back on my bottom.

"What is it?" Glorfindel asks, having accepted my nickname a while back.

"How long was I out?"

Glorfindel tilts his head, "What do you mean?"

I internally slapped myself, "How long was I asleep for?"

Glorfindel's eyes shined with realization.

"Five days." He answers simply.

My eyebrows furrow.

"Where did everybody else go?"

Glorfindel glances back down to his pot and returns to stirring as he speaks.

"We could no longer keep awaiting your wake. The orcs were nearing our camp with each day. Lord Elrond examined you and new immediately that it was a imperative we get you to Rivendell. So, Lord Elladan's flank drew the Orcs off while Lord Elrond and the rest needed to return to Imladris. So, we decided to leave me with you since I had the best chance at protecting you and myself. We set out hours after Lord Elrond left and thus my taking care of you began."

"Oh." I reply and look at the fire.

The next morning we began to pack our stuff up. Glorfindel gave me a boost onto his horse which I gladly accepted. I had never ridden a horse before but it didn't take me to long. Glorfindel said I was a natural with horse's but he couldn't tell for sure until I met the horse's at Rivendell. Speaking of Rivendell, we were a little over half a league away. I knew the Dwarves were already there, probably being annoyed by cheerful elves. I didn't blame them, I'd probably be equally as annoyed.

Glorfindel soon hopped up in front of me and I wrapped my arms around his waist carelessly. We then embarked on our frivolous mission back to Rivendell. Everything seemed to be going smoothly... too smoothly. An unnerving feeling slowly uncoiled in my stomach as we continued. Night, thankfully, reached us. Even though I was doing no walking it felt as if I was. Also, it was extremely boring. Glorfindel rarely talked and I couldn't come up with anything to strike a conversation.

"So..." I mumble.

"Yes?" Glorfindel says as he keeps his eyes forward.

I roll my eyes.