Allow

"Why the hell can't I?"

"I have made up my mind."

"Thorin!"

"No, we made you a promise and honored it."

"Shut the fuck up, Dwalin."

"What was that?!"

"You heard me!" I yell back. We were making quite the racket and the elves we walked by gave us weird looks.

"No, P." Thorin says sternly.

"What's your reason not to?" I ask angrily.

"You're a woman, that's why." Dwalin says smugly.

My arm seemed to move on its own. My fist came inches within Dwalin's face but it was stopped by a large pale hand grabbing my dainty wrist. It wasn't Dwalin's hand. I took a second then trailed my eyes up the loose purple sleeve to see a dark-haired elf.

"I am Erestor." He speaks, his voice deep and smooth. His dark eyes still trained on his book that he held in his other hand.

"Elrond behest your presence." His says, finally making eye-contact.

"The fuck does that even mean?" I ask. "And I suggest you take your filthy hand off of me..."

"Silence. Follow." He says as he begins to pull me with him.

"Let me go!" I yell, and rip my arm from his grasp.

"Just come with us, P." Another, deeper and more authoritative voice says. I look over to see Glorfindel, leaning against a column with his arms crossed and his eye closed. I would have admired his look if I wasn't so angry.

"Fine." I grumble. I've had enough Dwarf for one lifetime!

I follow after them, not before giving the Dwarves a mean look. I trail behind them as we travel through Rivendell, walking up steps, turning and such. This place was such a maze, you'd have to live here for centuries to memorize it. I guess these guys had and they knew this place like the back of their hand.

We arrived at Elrond's place. I walked in as Glorfindel opened the door for me. I gave him a slight nod as I entered. The room was made of stone, as is everything else in Rivendell, though, I wasn't really sure I could call it a room, it was more like a balcony. There were five windows that stretched from ceiling to near the floor. They surrounded the rounded part of his office and reached around until it touched the wall of the door from whence we came. His desk was made of light wood and it was grand. Two dark wooded chairs sat in front of his desk.

I took a seat in a chair, crossing my arms childishly.

"How are you, P?" He asks warmly.

"Could be better." I mumble.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Nosy."

Elrond sighs before getting to the point. "I know you wish to travel with Thorin Oakenshield and company. I think it unwise."

I roll my eyes. "I never asked what you thought."

He sighs. "So obstinate."

"Yeah, well, you're stupid."

I'm flicked on the back of the head. "Watch it." Glorfindel says.

"Shut up." I say simply.

"Stop being difficult." Elrond says.

"I'm not being difficult."

Elrond sighs before changing the subject all together and asking, "I understand about your mother, but where is your father?"