Fight

Glorfindel is then ram-rod straight and his bow and arrows are out. Glorindel quickly head-shots a couple, leaving me totally in a trance. The elf-lord in front of me definitely lived up to his name. He's killed at least ten in this long moment.

Glorfindel turns slightly to look back at me.

"Can you steer the horse?" He asks, eying my wound slightly. His voice is different though, it's stern, deadly serious.

I nod, absentmindedly grinding my teeth at the pain. I grab the reins and direct the horse straight, not knowing what else I was suppose to do, too focused on the pain in my arm to think up a plan. Glorfindel didn't object to my decision. The Elven-lord was now standing on the back of the horse in perfect balance as he shoots Orcs.

The pain in my arm shoots down through my fingers causing a spasm of intense pain. An alarming amount of blood covered my arm, and I squeezed my eyes closed slightly.

In hindsight that probably wasn't a good idea because before I knew what was happening our horse was rammed by a large black Warg. I looked behind me quickly to reach for Glorfindel's outstretched hand but I was a couple centimeters out of reach and I hit the ground. Hard. I cried out in pain as I tumbled on my side, breaking the arrow in half, shoving it deeper into my shoulder from the impact. THAT was some intense pain.

Orc's suddenly surround me and on impulse I push myself up and begin to fight. I draw my twin swords clumsily. Using all my strength, I block an attack and stab the offending Orc. I made the bad decision of throwing too much of my strength in that thrust and was knocked off balance. My back hit the ground, making me let out a loud groan. My eyes widened when a blade can inches from my face. The only reason I wasn't killed then and there was because Glorfindel was up on a branch, practically sniping Orcs left and right. Rolling over quickly, I dodged a strike. Hopping onto my feet, I use all the arm strength to block an attack and (try) to cut a Orc's head off but it didn't end up to well. My blade got stuck in his neck and I couldn't pull it out. I felt a Orc behind me and I ducked while trying to pull my blade out but fell on my ass.

Time flew by as I fought desperately. I was getting better at fighting them. The reason I wasn't dead yet was that I had taken intense fighting classes back at home, I also was a natural at fighting (said my mother.) I ducked then stabbed an Orc in the stomach. Every once in a while I was thrown off balance but I would reclaim it and defend myself. There are swarms of Orcs around me and I was fighting them all, well Glorfindel was helping by shooting arrows from above. I then wondered why in the hell he wasn't on the ground helping me yet. I mentally cursed him while my sword clashed with another. I weaved out of the way of a slash from behind but I barely survived. A deep wound was inflicted upon my shoulder and I cried out in pain while quickly taking the Orc out. Another grabbed me from behind and I flipped it over my shoulder before stabbing it in the head. I was shoved roughly onto the ground from behind but I quickly got up and continued to fight. I wasn't even counting how many I had killed already.

This sucks! I was going to be killed if I don't get it together. This is terrifying. Going from my everyday life back at home and being thrown here. It was terrifying, cutting and stabbing them. I was killing them. I've never killed anything or anyone before. Maybe bugs but that was it. I was getting more freaked out by the second. My arms and legs trembled in fear. The only thing that kept me going was the adrenaline that pumped through my veins. It gave me the energy and the will to move out of the way of a blade. I had to remember that these things, no people, were trying to kill me, they were trying to take my life. If I wanted to survive this then I needed to not think about that. I needed to keep moving. And that's what I did.

I tapped into my inner strength and fought. Fought for my life. My swords chopped and swung by my hand. The swords in my hands defended me with all there worth.

I fought for my worth.

Nothing. I was thinking of nothing but this battle and the problems at hand. I hadn't slipped up, yet. Something awoke inside of me and I felt strangely comfortable. A sudden intense feeling of Déjà vu erupts from me, but this wasn't a false sense of familiarity... it felt... so real. As I fought, scenes from a battle I had never seen before flashed wildly. One moment, I was slicing an Orc expertly then the next, I was clumsily slicing through an Orc and almost falling to the ground. I caught myself before I did though. As I fought on, more scenes flashed of a dark, rainy, and foggy battleground. It reeked of death, mud, and humidity.

These flashes weren't good though because I was cutting it dangerously close each time I fought another Orc. I held up a pretty solid combination. Duck or dodge, block, then stab or slash. It was simple and effective. Though, It didn't work forever, unfortunately... during one of my flashes of a battlefield, I just barely managed to come back down to earth to dodge a sword that was aimed at my throat, instead, it cut my upper cheek. I winced and went to retaliate but my hair was yanked roughly and my head snapped back. I cried out in pain and shock, from that, I dropped my sword. Shit... I thought irritably. The Orc that almost cut my throat when I wasn't focusing snarled at my knew position. The Orcs conversed as I struggled in his grip. This Orc was ridiculously strong and heavy because I couldn't throw him over my shoulder like I did the others. It had me in a headlock and I was basically choking in his normal hold. I could just barely see Glorfindel in my corner vision, he was now on the ground. The Orc that had cut me rose his sword and I cried out in fear.

This was the end.

Just when I thought it was though, an arrow shot straight into the Orc's head and I mentally thanked Glorfindel. Another arrow hit the Orc that was holding me and it hit the ground. His release caused me to stumble some. I quickly regained my balance and equipped my swords before looking around the battlefield. That arrow had come from the left I then noticed. I looked up to Glorfindel who was now on the ground with his own little group he was fighting.

A sudden barrage of arrows came down and the sound of horses hit my ears. The lasting amount of Orc's stood no chance and they were wiped out within a second as a herd of Elves on horse-back came barreling in, saving us.