✖ 59 ✖

Never forget your dreams.

---------------------------------------------------

Maybe the world runs smoother when everyone is focused on climber higher and making more money. Maybe the economy would prosper if everyone went to college to work in finance and business and IT.

But every great and beautiful thing was born because of an idea. Because of a dream, an aspiration.

Don't let anyone tell you to chase money instead of chasing your dreams.

For me, all I want to do is write. A lightbulb recently lit up inside my head, and my epiphany was that I want to be a writer. I already am a writer, but now I've decided I want to pursue a career as a writer. And no, writing doesn't pay the bills. A corporate office job would. A degree in Business would be more "prosperous" than a degree in English (creative writing). But to stifle my creativity, and to sit me in a cubicle for twenty years, and to deny me a creative outlet: it would kill me. And if not physically kill me, it would destroy every bit of happiness that I cling so desperately to.

I have a dream, and that dream is to write. I'll be miserable if I trade it in for a stack of cash.

I would rather be poor and happy, than have all the money in the world and be drowning in sadness.