Chapter 3: The Death Game Begins

The wolf pounced at me, me hopping to the side to evade it. It quickly turned around, growling loudly, me holding my ground.

"Come at me you hairy bastard!" I yell.

The wolf's eyes narrowed on me as I took an offensive stand. I charge a sword skill as it ran to me. But it was to late for the wolf. I screamed my war cry as I crossed paths with the wolf, it biting my arm and I gashing its side. I flinched for a second. 

"OW!" I yelped. Why the hell does it hurt!? I'm not supposed to feel pain! Granted, I knew it wasn't like a actual bite, but it was enough to force my HP into the yellow. I jumped back, seeing the HP of the wolf in the red. I was hyped up. I could take this thing out myself! My eyes focus on the wolf as I charge at it, the wolf pounces at me. But I was able to stab it through its skull, and the wolf blurred out into dust of data.

"Oh my fricking god Joshua!" Kaleb and Zinshaw screamed out as they huddled near me.

"H-heh...I did it, right?" I ask weakly, taking out a potion. I drank it and saw my level was five already. That wolf must be worth a lot of experience.

"Hell ya you did it! You kicked that wolf's ass to oblivion!" Zinshaw said excitedly.

"Good work." Kaleb said, looking like a proud father.

"Thank you guys...for helping me out. But I should log out now. it's getting really late." I say with a friendly smile. I pull out my menu.

"I guess I will see you gu-" I freeze up.

What is it Joshua?" Kaleb said with a concerned look.

I feel my heartbeat jump.

"....there is no logout button.." I whisper in a mild panic.

"EEEYYY?!" Zinshaw said.

"What?!"Kaleb yelled, checking his menu. And as I said, there was no logout button.

"Is this...some kind of bug?" I asked worriedly.

"Well I-" Kaleb began.

But it was loud sound that interrupted him, we looked to the source of the noise. It was a large bell.

Next thing I know, A blue aura surrounds me and my friends, and we were teleported back into town square. I was separated from Zinshaw and Kaleb.

What the hell is going on?!  I thought to myself. I gasp in surprise as I see other players forcibly teleported here. Their faces just as confused and puzzled as mine. Every single SAO player was here now. We looked around completely unaware of what was happening.

"LOOK!" A voice calls out, pointing up into the sky.

Everyone's eyes including mine darted to the orange sky. A small red display was flashing "Warning" high up in the clouds. Suddenly, more displays saying "System Announcement"  filled the sky, turning the sky a creepy red color. A strange liquid was dripping from these displays, it gathering into one ball of liquid. It slowly took the figure of a tall  large man with a cloak, yet no face. he was big enough to be seen a mile away.

"Attention players." The figure floating above said.

"Is that the game master?" A female voice asked to no one in particular near me. Clearly that was the only way we would have been brought here in the place place. But why?

"I welcome you...to my world." The figure continued.

"My name is Kayaba Akihiko. And as of this moment, I am in control of this world."

My eyes widen. It was him! The creator of SAO and the nervegear! 

"I'm sure most of you have already noticed an item missing from your main menus...the logout button." Kayaba added, as he swiped his hand down, opening his menu and showing us the empty slot in settings where the logout button was supposed to be.