Chapter 19: Aftermath

"Josh...wake up Love." A familiar voice rang into my ears.

I felt this similar situation before. So I knew how things were. I was awaking from my special skill. I lifted my eyes open, and to my surprise, rather than be chilling on a cold boss floor, I was looking up as castle roof. Nice to know I won't always have to have a terrible back pain every time. I looked around the room. There was Athena, Mira, and Heathcliff. them looking a bit more positive as I woke up.

"...Hey guys..." I said weakly.

"Your back! You're just as stubborn as Connor,huh?" Mira spoke softly.

Athena hugged me as I sat up on the bed. I noticed as my sheets fell off my torso, I wasn't wearing my silly looking armor anymore. I guess i was gonna have to return it sooner than later. Wait, does mean I was mugged?

"I took the armor we loaned you. It was only for the raid after all." Heathcliff said, his deep voice echoes in the stone room. I hug Athena back now, and then we separate.

"So...I guess my little demon is not so much a secret,huh?" I asked.

"You mean Crimson Onslaught?" Mira asked. I nodded.

"I only know it activated because the way my head is ringing right now...and the condition I woke up in. As you guys could probably tell...I'm not very...'Me' when that happens." I confess.

Heathcliff nods. "It is a very powerful skill you have, but in return you lose yourself to it." H says in a formal fashion.

"Well when you put it that way, you make it sound like it's fair." I said with a sigh.

Heathcliff stared at me for a brief moment, then exited the room.

"Once you're feeling up to walk, Heathcliff asked me to escort you to the main room to speak to you, he didn't tell me much otherwise. I should mention we are in the new castle for the Knights of Blood, the others were complaining that the old place was to small." Mira told me. I nodded, looking at the ceiling as I laid my head back down.

"Thanks."

"Huh?" Mira said, her head tilting somewhat.

"For making sure I didn't wake up to a stone floor." I said playfully. Mira smiles, nodding, standing from her chair, and leaving the room.

It was just me and Athena now.

"...W-why didn't you tell me anything?!" Athena scolded.

I turned my head to her, stunned at the tone in her voice.

"I was worried sick when Mira told me what was happening! You just as well could have had me help to, ya know! I'm not that scaredy cat anymore!" She continued.

I shush her softly, Athena did so slowly.

'It's alright...after all I'm alive, right? I'm sorry, I should have told ya something, but I was worried you would...well, worry. I didn't think the boss would be all that bad, considering our levels. Then of course God made to come in out of left field as be like 'Nope'" I explained.

Athena just smiled at my silliness. One thing we had in common, we can't stay mad at eachother for too long. Athena sighed, and crawled in the bed with me, straddling me.

I felt my heart jolt in surprise. She laid down on me, hiding her face in my neck, I move my head to let her have more room.

"Yes...all that really matters in the end is that Joshie is safe~" Athena said with a chuckle. I smile.

"You are just too adorable sometimes, ya know that?" I tell her, wrapping my arms around her waist. She grins at me, and kisses my forehead.

"Mhm. I know, but your handsome, so it evens out." She told me with a joyful smile.