Chapter 24: It's Time

I laid on the bed, unable to do all that much. Athena was still over me, asleep in her dreams. Don't ask me how on Earth she got on top of me, she does move a lot when she sleeps. That's what I noticed anyway.

I yawned rather loudly as I petted her hair gently. It wouldn't​ be nice of me to force her awake just so I could get up. So I simply laid there, gazing out the open window, green leaves freshly plucked from the branches passing by. And in the distance, those leaves seemed to flow towards the arena. The Coliseum where people were gathering.

Today was the day I was to duel Heathcliff. They day I was nervous about. The day where everything, in one way or another, was leading to this point in time.  And since I am the kind of guy to honor my word, there is no turning back now.

Athena gently shifted around, grunting tiredly as she was coming to. I slowly sat up, holding her close, her hair running down my torso as her head rests on my shoulder.

"Morning. You seem to have gotten comfortable last night." I tease.

Her eyes slowly open to gaze at me, nodding was her only reply. She grips my shirt and hides away from the harmless sun in my chest. I could only admire the girl in my lap as I ran my hand trough her hair. She was such a cuddle bug in the morning. Not that I dislike that or anything, not what I'm getting at all. Just odd for me, since nothing like this happened to me in the real world.

I kiss the top of her head.

"I appreciate the extra cuddles, but I...have something important to do today, and I need to be a free man to do that."

"Nuuu...you stay here. That way I can hide from the sun's mean light." She mutters.

I couldn't help but giggle at her. After a moment however, she slide off unto the side of the bed, rubbing her eyes to sharpen her vision. I stood up from the bed, opening my equipment, and placing on my usual gear. 

"What do you have to do so early anyway...?" She asks.

"Just some restock and some other random crap. I'll be back before sunset."

"Okay...I'll probably go with my friends then." She replied.

"You really are hitting it off with her,huh?" I ask with a smile, my sword sliding into place where it rests, on my left side of my hip.

"Mhm...have fun." She says, with a smile of her own.

I nodded, and opened the door, gently shutting it as I exited.

But I didn't get going just yet. I stop...and just look down the hallways. The anxiety was getting me I suppose. I rub my hand trough my hair to try and relax. Calm down man! It's just a duel, nothing crazy. Although it is in front of God knows how many people...I'll just say a lot. But now was not the time to ponder such things. I made my way down the hall, ajusting the jacket I wore to have a snugger fit.

--------------------

I munched on a mozzarella stick at a nearby dinner near the areana. Well, it was more like 12. Cause seriously, I think I have a problem. I was enjoying the meal in peace. Or that's what I wanted.

To say there was a line, would be a understatement. Holy crap! The line was filled with other players, gossiping about Heathcliff, me, and the outcome of the duel. Can't blame then, I'd do the same thing if I was an audience member.

But I'm not. And while a lot of people are coming, this isn't to show off for me. It's for information. Information on something I have no control of...

I sighed to myself, shoving the last mozzarella in me, and paid my bill. I had to go into the back, cause no one was supposed to line up there. The key word is supposed to. Cause the line goes all the way back there! But it's whatever.