Chapter 21: Good Riddance

I sighed as I exited the teleport gate. Mira and Midnight exited behind me. The three of us looked at each other. After hearing that Alice was caught and sent to prison, I could feel an old anger beginning to boil once again. I brought Mira and Midnight to make sure I didn't do anything stupid...well to be more accurate, do anything I will regret. Athena would not come. But can anyone really blame her?

"...Hey. Thanks for coming guys." I told them with a light sigh. 

The two of them looked at one another, then gave me a reassuring smile.

"Of course Josh...I know this must be hard for you. To...try and face the person that has caused you and Athena so much pain. But as your friend, I'm glad to be able to help in any way I can." Mira replied. Midnight simply crossed her arms, giving a similar smile to me. I felt glad.

We approached the prison gate, and were able to have access inside to see her. A guard led us down the many halls, them only lit by torch light. It was a spooky place. Made me glad I didn't have any reason to break any of the unspoken words. The guard turned to face Mira as we walked."Do you think she may have changed?" I asked, feeling sick to my stomach. I was about to see someone that killed the Silver Wolves. She caused me and Athena so much pain. Now that she was brought back to my memory, my rage was awaken again. But I felt more sick then angry. Sick that such a person exists in this game about survival...

"Well, we wont know until we see, no?" Mira replied, bearing a light smile. 

"Yea...I don't think so." The guard muttured. We all glanced over to the heavy armored man who had lead us to the end of the hall. He turned around to face us, the last cell behind him. That must be the one where she was.

"Alice has a record on her hands.  And not just for the silver wolves either. She has gotten close to other players and killed them off to take their cold and items. She really is a self-centred person..." He said.

I coudnt help but feel a chill run up my spine.     

"She is in that last cell. I suggest you make this visit short." He warns before walkng off back in the direction we had came from. 

I stared at the cell for a long time. It was only when I had to tell myself that this was bound to happen one day. That I have to face her, or else this will continue to haunt me. I have got to or else this bitter feeling inside me just wont fade away.  It was now or never. I could not afford to wait any longer.

I took a deep breath, and began to walk, Mira and Midnight following behind me. I glanced into the dark cell. A part of it was not visable due to the shadows made by the torch behind us. I didn't see her at first. I leaned in close, still unable to see Alice. 

"Josh?" A voice whispred from within. 

I felt my heart jump as suddenly, arms emerged from the darkness, wrapping around my neck and pulling me in between the cell bars. 

"Josh?!" The girls behind me yelped, quickly coming in and trying to pry the arms off of me. But then I saw a strand of ruby colored hair, and lavander eyes appear from the dark. It was Alice, without question. A playful grin on her face as she leaned in, pressing her lips on my cheek. 

I felt the exact feelings I felt when she tried to sway me with her body. And it pissed me off. I growled as Ieaned my head back, smashing my forehead into hers, sending her back and makeing her let go of me. I could feel the anger trying to get the better of me

"What is your fucking problem!?" I barked at Alice, looked at me dazzed from the head injury. 

"Josh..." Alice said weakly, her cheeks red. Mine were red from rage. Mira and Midnight took a step in front of me, staring Alice down. 

"So your the orange player I heard so much about..." Midnight said as she looked down at Alice.

"How the mighty fall...and to think you caused so much pain to Josh and Athena! Not to men-"

"Josh..." Alice repeated. Mira paused as she was interuppted, looking down at Alice as she crawled to the iron bars that kept her seperated from us, reaching for me.

"Your so charming...I could not help but want to make you mine!" She blurted out, tears escaping her eyes. 

"Is that worth killing almost a whole guild over!?" I protested, slamming my hand on the cell door, it startling everyone near by. Alice Included as she gazed up at me like some lost puppy.

"I-i-" She began. But i raised my hamd, cutting her off.

"...You know, I had this big rant I was gonna give you. But now that I think about it...someone like you dosn't even deserve the light of day." I stated.

Her eyes widned as I turned away from her.

"Goodbye Alice...I hope I never see you again." I said coldly, walking back down the hall, Mira and MIdnight following behind me.

I could hear muffled sobs behind me as we turned to the next hall.

Once we got out of there, we teleported back to the headquaters of the Knights of Blood to drop of Mira and Midnight. I thanked the two for coming and making sure i woudn't do anything I'd regret.

But as I turned back to the gate, I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"Hey Josh...? Midnight began, looking up at me.

"Yea...?"

"I got some free time, and I'd rather not spend it alone."

"Oh? do you wanna walk around or something?" I asked. She nooded.

I smile somewhat, as I began to walk past the teleport gate instead, with Midnight by my side.