Chapter 11: Forging a Friendship

Having arrived in Lindas...I had no idea where to go. All I was told from Mira was to meet her. Not the largest amount of information to go off on. But she knew I could just see where she was on the map. Thank god I have a high detection and tracking skill, or I wouldn't be able to figure out where on earth I was going.

Floor 48 itself was rather beautiful, but in its own right. It reminded me of the medieval age in real life. Not that it looked any different from most of the other floors. It just...had that vibe.I don't know, it may just be me here. But from the grassy plains, to the way the sun was setting, on the cobble stone buildings, it all just felt...ancient, I guess?

I actually had to walk out to the outskirts of Lindas to reach where Mira was. According to my map, she was in this building. That had a wooden watermill in the lake, it turning with the current.

"Lisbeth's Smith Shop...huh." I mumbled as I approached the front door. I opened the door and walked in.

"I-i told you! It isn't like that!" Mira's voice almost yelled as I shut the door behind me. I turn back to look in, and sure enough, there was Mira...wait, was it?

I blinked for a moment in order to realize there was two girls with pink hair. Thankfully Mira's eye were blue, and the other girl's eyes were...pink? That's not a natural eye color!

"Uh...Hey Mira." I said as I turned to face them. Mira's eyes widened for a moment, her cheeks turning rose. She then looked away from me. What on earth were these two talking about before I walked in?

"Soooo, is this the guy~?" The other pinked haired lady asked. Mira's expression turned grim.

"N-no! This is just a friend, he isn't the same person at all! He could never compare to him...not to..."

There was a moment of uneasy silence.

"...Connor..." Mira covered her mouth upon uttering the name, running to me to get to the door.

As I shifted out of the way to let her through, I noticed something I never saw before. Mira had ruby earrings. She ran out to fast to make out any other detail. I watched her go...I had a feeling she may need a minute.

"...So...Your Lisbeth? I presume?" I ask, turning back to her.

She was stunned for a moment, wearing a face of surprise and minor guilt. She slapped her own cheeks to snap herself out of it. Quickly regaining a smile.

"Mhm~ That's me indeed." She said playfully. For a smith, she seemed to fit more as a maid. I'm only saying that because she was wearing a red maid like outfit.

"...Can you explain to me what was going on between you two?" I asked, pointed back to the door with my thumb. 

"O-oh. Well, you saw her earrings, right?" Lisbeth asked. I nodded my head to her.

"Well you see...she was talking about this person that gave those to her. She never told me their name though...and it wasn't until recently she actually brought them up again."

It all started to make sense now.

This Connor fellow must be the guy she wanted to revive! Mira wanted to bring back someone important. But if this guy died way before hand..then perhaps that's why she looked so grim just speaking their name again. Poor Mira...

"Hello?" Lisbeth said, waving her hands in front of me to snap me off my train of thought.

"O-oh, sorry."

She placed her hands on her hips. Looking at me with a rather...large grin.

"So..what's your name?"

"Joshua." I told her, placing my hand on my swords hilt.

"Mira told me that you needed to be able to protect someone, am I right?"

"Well, you're not wrong." I replied.

A large smile came on her face, she turned and walked behind the store counter. 

For what looked like a small house on the outside, it was sure filled with all kinds of gear within. Axes, swords, maces, spears, and all kinds of colored armor. 

"Woah...just what is your smithing skill?" I asked her as I approached the counter.

"My slash weapon forging skill is almost maxed." She said with a proud tone.

I blinked, and then followed with a round of applause. Her eyes widened a bit, then turn to a annoyed look.

But, she just sighed and pulled out a blue and white suit of armor.

"Mira was nice enough to pay for complete set of armor for your friend. That way those monsters will have a much harder time taking her out. Making your job, much easier." 

"Oh wow...thank you Liz!" I said with a smile. I went through the buying process, and stashed it in my inventory. She wasn't lying. It was more of a gift.

"It's no big deal." She said in a almost shy manner.

I took a moment to look behind her, looking at her inventory. It was all beautiful. And a little though crossed my head.

"So...Lisbeth, do you happen to take custom orders?"

She looked at me somewhat confused.

"Well...yea, but the prices of metal are high, and since I know a guy like you would want something that won't break on the first swing, I think you should wait."

"Huh? why is that?"

"A dragon is supposed to store a rare metal in its body...however, that dragon is on floor 55!" She said in annoyed tone, fiddling with her hands.

"Oh...funny considering I'm on the boss raid to get to that floor." I told her.

"Huh?! You are?" Lisbeth said, looking right at me.

"Mhm...how about this, I'll kick the shit out of that boss, and then I'll come back here, and we can go slay a dragon and get the metal. Everyone's a winner. What do ya say?"

"...W-we?" She said, blushing somewhat. She shook her head and slapped her cheeks again. 

"Well...You would need a master blacksmith to get the metal...so I'd have to go,huh?"

"Oh come on~ I'm not that bad of a guy!" I said playfully.

'I never said you were!" She yelled back.

I giggled a bit, Lisbeth giving me a look.

"...F-fine!" She said, punching my shoulder in a teasing manner.

"Then you better not die on that raid...not just for our deal...but for that promise of yours...and for Mira...g-got it?!" She exclaimed.

She had a serious expression. Mine slowly became the same. I simply sighed, placing my hand on her hair, playfully ruffling it up.

"Don't worry too much, I'll be fine. I've been through my fair share. This wouldn't be any different." I said to her in a soft, yet playful tone. 

I raised my hand from her head, and turned to leave. 

"See ya after the raid!" I exclaimed as I exited the smith shop.

Lisbeth's cheeks were bright pink as she looked down at the floor, fixing her hair gently.

"...Dummy..." She mumbled under her breath.