Chapter 15: The Royal Atrax

Today was the day. It was finally time for the floor 55 boss raid. I had joined the Knights of Blood, as promised. However, they had me wear an embarrassing red and white light armor set. It didn't "Suit" me at all.

"Ugh, The light armor I had was far better than this thing." I commented. Sir Drake was there and he simply ruffled my hair up.

"Hohooo! That may be true my lad, but there are special properties to that suit, just for you!" He said with a epic voice.

"Wait,really?" I asked.

"Indeed, it has a speed and strength bonus. It is enchanted armor you see, custom made for by our smith. Heathcliff wanted you to be at your best!"

"Wow, thank you guys very much...but this will make me more of a glass cannon." I sighed. I was going to have to make sure that the lower defense wouldn't knock me out. If it does, then I'm so screwed.

Suddenly, the chatter began to dim into a silence. I saw that people who were part of the raid move aside.

A figure was approaching.

He wore red and white heavy armor, carrying a huge shield that also served as their sheath for there sword. He had long grey hair that gave him a older appearance, but I don't think they were that old.

To his right was Mira, her golden rapier in hand and dressed in her upgraded battle gear. And to his left...was another girl, but I didn't recognize her. Her black hair went down all the way to her waist, her grey eyes seemed rather dull to me.

The three of them stopped in front of me and Drake.

"Ah! Master Heathcliff, and ladies Mira and Midnight!" Drake said, thrilled to see them. Wait a moment, this is Heathcliff?! The strongest SAO player? Sure, he definitely looks like the kind of guy to be head of the Knights of the Blood Oath, but not to be the strongest. Eh, opinions I suppose.

"So, your Joshua. I'm sure you have heard my name but formal introductions are in order. My name is Heathcliff, the Holy Knight." he said in a formal manner.

"My name is Joshua, it's a pleasure to meet you Sir." I said with a smile. we shook hands. The black haired woman approached me now.

"So...you're the Red Swordsman I've heard so much about. My name is Midnight. It's an honor to meet you. You are one of the strongest in the game after all." She said.

Black hair...grey eyes...black light armor..black sword...huh, wonder why "Midnight" of all names.

"I-I'm not that special. And you don't have to call me by a nickname." I said, looking to the side from her flattery.

"W-wait, Mira why are you here? You made it sound like you weren't coming along for this raid."

She gave me a light hearted smile.

"Yea, I thought the same thing, but then Athena asked me to come so I could protect you. She just kept saying 'Please.' so I agreed, now here I am." Mira replied.

I simply smile back to her. Looks like like the Pink Lighting and I were gonna fight together once again. I turn my head back to the door.

"So..what are we dealing with Drake?" I asked, turning to face him.

"It is giant spider monster. It seems to have high attack and defense, but is somewhat slow because of the bulk it has. It can also shoot a webbing that has a chance to paralyze someone. Because of this, it's been hard for us to come up close for a direct hit."

Ugh, high attack...and my defense is lowered because of the armor. Hopefully the strength and speed bonus will let me run in, evade whatever webs it tries to shoot at me, and hit him. And hit him hard. Before it has a chance to hit me back even harder.