Romance isn't dead

Waiting for his call was the worst thing I had to do. I sat at my desk trying to do homework but all I could do was stare at my phone waiting for it to light up. It finally did, as the familiar tune of his ringtone began I picked up. "Sir?" I asked.
"Meet me at the café in 10 minutes." Was all he said before hanging up. I sighed and got myself ready for what was to come.

As I drove up to the café I noticed how empty it was. There were no cars in the parking lot. As I walked up I noticed it had its closed sign on the door. I was about to walk to my car when I heard a voice shout, "Scarlett." I turned around to see Mr Harris at the door. "Mark, what are you doing here, I thought it was closed."
"It is for everyone but us."
"How?"
"I know a guy." He grinned at me. "Come in." I followed him inside and gasped at the sight in front of me. There was a single table in the middle of the room with all the other tables pushed aside. I turned to look at him. "You did this?"
"Yeah, we need to discuss what's happening with us." I sighed.
"Let's get this over with." I say as I walk towards the table and take a seat. "Scarlett, you're my student and I'm your science teacher. What we have shouldn't be good and it shouldn't be happening."
"Mark." He held up his hand, stopping me interrupting. "Let me finish. As I was saying it shouldn't but it is and we are. I'm not saying I love you because it's way too quick but we have something between us, I don't know what it is but we have a connection and while you may be my student and I'm Mr Harris to you, out of the classroom I would love to just be Mark for you." He took a deep breath after his speech and looked at me hopefully. I nodded. Before he could ask what that meant I leant over the table and placed my lips onto his. He instantly moved his lips with mine before breaking apart a few minutes later. "I take that as a yes then." He grinned. "I'll get the food. Sam!" He shouted, I furrowed my eyebrows but relaxed when I saw a blonde haired man come out the kitchen with two plates of pasta in his hands. He placed them in front of us before turning to Mark. "Good choice and you so owe me."
"If I'm not mistaken you're here because you owe'd me." Mark smirked at him. Sam gave him the middle finger and turned to face me. "You sure you want to be with that fool?"
"Definitely." I giggled. Sam shook is head in confusion. "Whatever floats your boat." He muttered as he walked away."
"Bye brother." Mark shouted after him. "Let's start our date then, shall we?"
"This was a date then?" I asked trying to hold back a smile as Mark's face whitened. "I mean yeah, if you want it to be." He stammered.
"Of course but I usually only go if I'm asked properly." Mark took my hand across the table.
"Scarlett Miller, will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?"
"I guess so." I laughed. "Of course." With that we started our date and talked all evening along with some comments from Sam in the kitchen.