Fearless

With my hands tapping against the steering wheel I drove to Mark's. 'Speak Now' was playing and it distracted me from the reoccurring thoughts that were racing through my head. The song seemed fitting, I knew I should say what I was thinking I just didn't know how it would be received. I knew what I wanted I just had to see if Mark had changed his mind.

Taking a deep breath I knocked on his door. Waiting for what seemed like an eternity Mark finally opened the door. I finally realised how tired he looked. In the classroom, he seemed happy, excited, but really I had sucked the life out of him, I didn't realise until then what this had done to him. Had what just happened done this or the stress of the relationship as a whole? Realising I was staring I looked away.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"For what?"

"Everything." He sighed.

"Come in Scarlett." Stepping past him I walked into the living room. The place where it all started, where everything was turned on its head. Where I first fell for the man in front of me.

"You look tired," I stated, breaking the silence. He ran a hand over his face.

"Yeah, I haven't been sleeping that well. Thinking too much you know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I knew all too well the countless sleepless nights that I had spent in bed twisting and turning, closing my eyes, only to see the heartbroken look on his face when I ran away.

"Scarlett."

"Hmm."

"Why are you here?" It was a question I didn't think he'd ask. I thought he would know my reasons for coming here. I should've known better, especially since the classroom. I was scared. Terribly scared. This was new to me and I hated that I didn't know what was around the corner. So, I decided to be fearless.

"I need you." Those three words I had been dying to say. A wave of relief fell over me as I finally spoke my mind.

"I need you, Mark. I love you and I'm sorry I hurt you. I was scared and I was reckless with my actions but I love you. I want to travel the world. I want to..." I took a deep breath. "But I only want to travel the world with you. No one else." His eyebrow was raised as he stared me down. The silence in the room was deafening.  I just wish he would speak. I didn't know whether I had crossed a line or not.

"What made you come to this decision?"

"What?"

"Why did you change your mind? Was it Sam?"

"Mark."

"You and Sam have gotten pretty close recently. Is there something I should know?"

"Nothing's been going on Mark. The only reason we're speaking more is because you've been pushing me away."

"I told you to call me Mr Harris, not Mark."

"Why the hell not? I just said I want to travel the world with you and you want me to call you by your teacher name."

"I thought we should set some boundaries." I gave a laugh.

"Mr Harris, we are way past boundaries." I stepped closer to him until I had him backed against a wall.

"Tell me, is this past the boundaries?" I asked, giving him a soft kiss on the lips. I lingered a bit before kissing down his neck. "Or this...Or this." I watched as his eyes got darker. "Tell me, Sir, when did we cross said boundaries?" He gave a low growl before grabbing my hips.

"Stop it, Scarlett."

"Or what? You'll give me a detention?" I was fed up with him denying his feelings whenever I came to apologise. He tried to play the innocent one when he has played with my feelings.

"You don't get to play that game, Mark."

"What game?"

"You don't get to pretend I haven't hurt you. Scream at me, tell me to fuck off. But don't shut me out. Please, Mark." I softly placed my hand on his cheek.

"I don't know why you've got so many walls up, but please let me in." A single tear rolled down Mark's cheek before he crashed his lips onto mine. Bringing my hands up into his hair, I let him pin me against the wall.

We broke apart, keeping our foreheads touching as we kept eye contact, both of us breathing heavy.

"I hate you Scarlett Miller."

"Why?"

"Because I can't stop loving you." After those six words, I didn't care about anything. In that moment I didn't care that it had only been a few months. It was passionate and our relationship was never going to be easy, we signed up for that as soon as we kissed. But that was the fun of it. It could be brilliant or I could walk away with a nasty scar. But something was drawing me to Mark Harris. It could be his blue eyes, his sense of humour, it could be fate for all I knew, but whatever it was I didn't want it to stop.

Our silence was soon broken by the low grumbling of thunder, quickly followed by heavy rainfall.

"Looks like your staying here for the night," Mark said. I couldn't tell if he was happy about it as he kept a straight face.

"Looks like I am. Do you have any hot chocolate?" Mark laughed.

"I think you love that more than me."

"Maybe I do." I giggled, following him into the kitchen, jumping slightly as A flash of lightning lit up the darkened corridor

I didn't know what was happening with the travelling and frankly, I couldn't care just now. We were happy. One step at a time, he was opening up to me again. I couldn't lose that again. He would discuss it again when he was ready. When he knew I wouldn't run out on him again.

A/N- Official prelims are over, thank god. Now I just have to do geography and math tests, so that's fun. Also 33k reads???! How that happened I don't know. But thank you for the support!! Does anyone know what I mean by prelims or is that a Scottish thing?

 But thank you for the support!! Does anyone know what I mean by prelims or is that a Scottish thing?