This Love

"How are you feeling?" My mom asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I was still inhospital as the doctors wanted to keep me for another night, as apparently fainting isn't a normal thing to do. I nodded, letting her know I was fine, bored but fine.

"Okay, I'm going home to get some sleep. You sure you'll be fine by yourself?"

"I'm sure mom, I'm fine, I'm 18 in two weeks anyway." She nodded before sighing,

"I know, I'm just worried, I did just get a phone call yesterday saying you fainted."

"Mom, go home and rest, I'm fine." She kissed me on the forehead before standing up and walking to the door.

"Oh before I forget, Mr Harris has been sitting out there, he's refusing to leave."

"Where the hell has he found a seat in the middle of a corridor?"

"He's sitting on the floor. You should see him Scar, he's torn up."

"I'm sorry but after what happened he should be, it's his fault."

"He comes in when your asleep."

"Well, that's creepy."

"I think it's quite sweet, he knows you don't want him here but he wants to keep an eye on you."

"What does school think about him staying here anyway?"

"They just think he's got a family emergency. Trust me Scarlett he isn't leaving till you get discharged." I sighed, as she left the room, saying hi to Mr Harris on the floor.

My mind was spinning with everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. I twist and turned until I could find a comfortable spot and finally fell into a restless sleep.

~~~~~

"Dude, it was totally your fault!" I woke to a man shouting. Whoever he was, he seemed pissed.

"I couldn't help it, it was like I didn't have control of what was coming out of my mouth." I recognised that voice. He really did come in when I was asleep.

"But you did, you have control of what you say, and what you said hurt her."

"I know that Sam. For God's sake, don't you think I know that?" Sam and Mark were in the room. It was nice Sam was here, would be better if he was alone but other than that.

"It doesn't matter. Maybe you should just let her be, let her breath."

"What the hell are you suggesting?" His voice started to go up in volume.

"Maybe you aren't good for her. You saw what happened."

"That happened because she was dehydrated!"

"Because of the stress you had put her under. Just falling off the side of the earth and not talking to her, it really made her worry."

"You saw what it did to me! It made me a wreck!"

"Yeah, but it was your decision, she didn't have a choice." Sam was getting frustrated by Mark, I could tell by the way he was talking to Mark like he was a child.

"I did what I thought was best." Mark suddenly went quiet.

"I know you did. Scarlett knows that as well." Sam tried to comfort.

"Don't patronise me." Mark's voice suddenly went cold.

"Dude, I'm trying to help. You're all over the place, I'm just trying to help you."

"I need to clear my head."

"Maybe you do, but she needs you here."

"You just told me to leave her alone! You're confusing me, Sam."

"Look, the only person who knows what's good for Scarlett is Scarlett."

"Then why the hell did you try to make me leave her?"

"Because I think you should. At least until you clear your head. What do you think Scarlett?" Shit. I don't know how he knew I was awake. I tried not to move.

"Why are you asking Scarlett, she's asleep," Mark asked, confused.

"No, she's not. Are you Scarlett." I mentally rolled my eyes at how arrogant he sounded.

"Are you psychic or something?" I mumbled into my pillow. Mark cursed under his breath as he realised again that I had heard something I shouldn't have. Sam chuckled as I moved to face them both. My eyes instantly met Mark's as he watched me sit up on the bed. A few minutes past in silence as no one knew what to say. I didn't notice Sam back out the room, leaving me and Mark alone. Mark looked towards the door, contemplating whether he should go.

"Stay. Please." I whispered. He turned to look at me, he looked lost.

"I don't know if I should, Scar."

"You still call me Scar."

"Of course I do. I still love you." I couldn't help it, every time I looked at him, my heart fluttered, I'm surprised it's not caught on the heart monitor. He drove me wild, with his stupid decisions and the way he was still unsure although he knew what he did to me. I shifted over to one side of the bed, letting him sit down. It was a replay of where we were just last night, but it felt different somehow. I just didn't know how.

"I don't know what to do Scar." I looked up at him to see a tear roll down his cheek. His voice broke halfway through his sentence. He looked so lost and broken, what had this relationship done to him?

"Mark," I said, placing my hand on his leg. "Talk to me."

"I never meant for this to happen. Our relationship. But it did, and I'm so thankful it did, I love you and I ruined it because I was so mad. I was mad at myself, I said yes to the 'female bumble bee' when I knew I shouldn't have. Then you fainted and I knew it was from stress from dealing with me. I'm going to go away for a few weeks, tell the school the family issue is worse. I've fucked up your life and I understand if you don't want me when I get back. I just need to hear it from you when we're not shouting at each other." My heart broke at him blaming himself. He can't leave, but I was being selfish if I begged him to stay when he clearly wanted to go.

"Mark, look at me." He looked up from his lap. "Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened at the dance. We were on rocky grounds and no one knew where each other stood. Lie down." I gave him enough room as he lay down on his side, facing me. I wiped a loose tear off his cheek with my thumb. I slowly encased his lips with mine, he slowly kissed back as we poured our feelings into the kiss.

"You'll miss my birthday." I finally whispered after a few minutes passed of just looking at each other while he played with my hair.

"How?"

"You'll be gone for the next few weeks, my birthday is in two weeks."

"You're letting me go." He asked, a slight frown on his face. I nodded.

"Only if you come back," I told him. He grinned.

"I'll always come back to you Scar."

"Good, because I'm in way too deep for you to disappear now."

"God, I love you." He said before bringing his lips to mine again in a passionate kiss.

That's how we fell asleep, our legs tangled together and his arms around me.

A/N- Thank you for 11k!!