Confessions and Secrets

"Scarlett and James, stay behind please." Mr Harris said. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as the other classmates left and I was left alone with my boyfriend and the guy who knew everything. Mark closed the door and turned to face us. He sat facing us both, on one of the desks in front, using the chair as a footstool. James was smirking, his arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

"So 22 and still in high school, huh Scarlett?" He asked. I glared at him, how was he finding any of this funny?

"James." Mr Harris warned, but before he could carry on James interrupted him.

"You failing the class? Do you need better grades? Or do you just like older guys?" It's true that I was failing and needed better grades but that was not the reason.

"No James. None of that came to mind when I thought of dating him, thank you very much." James scoffed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"James, that's enough," Mark growled.

"Oh yeah, forgot you're fucking her."

"That's it," I said, angrily standing up. I was fed up with him.

"Scarlett sit down." Mr Harris sighed, pointing at my seat. I obeyed, crossing my arms and legs, not looking at the smirking jerk beside me.

"James, you can't tell anyone."

"Why?"

"Because she could get expelled three months before graduation and I'll lose my job."

"Why risk it then?"

"Because my heart beats faster when she's around." I didn't know he felt that. James sighed.

"Let me think about it." He said, before standing up and walking out. Mr Harris looked at the door, deciding whether to follow him or not.

"Let him go, He'll come 'round." Mr Harris turned to face me, sighing.

"What if he doesn't?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.

"Then we're screwed." I joked. He raised his eyebrow.

"So not funny."

"I need to go home," I said, standing up.

"Do you need a ride?"

"I think that'll draw attention, especially after today."

"It might be our last time." That was true. If James decided to tell, this could be our last time together by ourselves.

"Sure, let's go."

"You go first, I'll meet you outside the car." I nodded, kissing his cheek and leaving the classroom.

Halfway through the hallway, I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and pull me into a nearby janitor's' closet. I could just make out a figure standing in front of me. The person turned on the light and I was faced with James for the second time. Instead of his smirk, he had a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong? Why did you pull me in here?"

"Do you seriously like him?"

"Mark, sorry Mr Harris?" He nodded.

"Yes, I need to know if he's forcing you."

"Trust me, James. He's definitely not forcing me to do anything except for science."

"Describe him for me."

"Why?"

"Just do it." He demanded.

"Okay, sheesh. He's perfect and smart and everything I want. He's so kind and sweet. When he looks at me my heart races and I fall for him all over him again. I don't know if I love him but I feel something I can't explain with him."

"I think you do," James said, leaving me alone in the Janitor's closet. That was weird. I quickly left to rush to Mark's car.

"What took you so long?" He asked, looking up from his phone.

"I bumped into someone."

"Okay, you ready?"

"Yeah."

~~~~

The car ride was silent. Not awkward, just silent.

"Thank you." I said as we arrived in front of my house.

"I hope everything turns out alright." He sighed.

"It will. Anyway, no matter what we'll get through it. I assured him. He studied me for a minute.

"I love you." He suddenly blurted out. What? I quickly turned to face him in shock. "I just wanted you to know that before anything happens and I can't say it. I know it's only been one and a half months but I know I do. I love you Scarlett." I knew I loved him. I wasn't sure but as soon as he told me I knew what I felt.

"I love you too Mark."

"Really?!" He asked in shock. I nodded, laughing.

"Yes."

"I wasn't sure how you'd feel because I thought that maybe it was too fast and..." He rambled. I cut him off by placing my lips on his. He instantly responded, picking me up and placing me on his lap. The steering wheel was digging into my back but I didn't care. All I could care about was I was kissing the man I love. We broke apart , our foreheads just touching as we looked at each other, breathing heavily.

"I love you." We said at the same time.

A/N- Thank you for 1k reads. It may not be as much as other books I've read but it's a lot for me, so thank you.