Awkward.

Riley took a deep breath.

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely, the only way I get to understand how you feel is if you tell me."

"Okay. While he was mean to you from day one, he was the opposite to me. He helped me with everything and slowly I fell for him. And I tried. God did I try to catch his attention but it wasn't working, and I could see that. I didn't know why but then I saw the way you two interacted. You couldn't see it, but I knew he had some hidden feelings for you. It was obvious. Whether it was because I was always with you and I was already watching him, or whether it was obvious to everyone else, I don't know."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I thought you would think it's weird. I mean, he's what, 10 years older than us?"

"Seven." She rolled her eyes at my interruption."

"Sorry, seven. He's an older guy and I thought you'd laugh at me. Anyway, I knew that nothing would ever happen. He probably had a girlfriend. Now I know the girlfriend is you."

"I'm so sorry Riley. If I had known I would..."

"Scarlett stop. Don't try to say you're sorry because I know you're not. You love him, you got the guy. I know you're not sorry because you don't have any regrets. Hell, I wouldn't have any. I want to meet him."

"You want to meet Mr Harris?"

"No, I want to meet your boyfriend."

~~~~~~

"She wants to meet me?" Mark asked, slightly shocked. I nodded, crossing my legs on his lap. I was streched out on the sofa, resting my feet on his lap. I had to break it to Mark that in half an hour Riley would be at his to get to know him.

"Yeah, as 'my boyfriend.'"

"How the hell is that going to work?"

"I have no idea. I don't know what she expects to gain from this. Maybe she seperates Mr Harris and Mark into two different people. Mr Harris is the teacher she has a crush on but maybe she won't have a crush on Mark."

"It's just too complicated. Why can't I have you without any drama for at least two weeks?"

"You will. Just think a couple of months from now, I'll be out of school and we won't be breaking any rules."

"I will bring out the champagne on that day." Mark was interrupted by the door bell.

"Until then." I sighed, slowly getting up. "It'll be fine." I reassured us both.

Taking a deep breath I opened the door to a nervous looking Riley.

"Scarlett."

"Come in."

Riley was biting her nails as she slowly looked around the hallway I had got used to, though I found it beautiful at the start.

"This is beautiful."

"I know." I then noticed Riley's attire. While I wasn't expecting her lazy day clothes, I definitely wasn't expecting the short sundress she had on just now. Her makeup was different as well. She wore lipstick, something she only wore for special occasions. She had made her eyes look bigger, more innocent, I started to get a bad feeling about her true feelings. Was I making this up? I couldn't tell.

"Hi Riley." Mark said as he came through to the hall.

"Hey." She was beaming at him, though ever so slightly her eyes got more sad as Mark wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. She was so helpful when I had problems with him just recently. Was that just an act? Was she hoping that we broke up?

"Let's go through to the living room." Mark suggested. Riley nodded, I was just thankful to get out of that awkward situation. Walking next to Riley behind Mark I noticed her eyes wandering.

"Do you want a drink?" Mark cautiously asked Riley

"Just a glass of water please."

"Make yourself at home." Mark gave a small smile. "Scarlett, can I speak to you for a moment?" I nodded, following him through to the kitchen.

"This is so strange."

"You're telling me."

"I don't know how to do this."

"We have to. We have to show her that your mine and I'm yours." I said as I placed my lips on his. He quickly kissed back, making it more passionate than intended. We broke apart as we heard someone clearing their throat.

"I was just wondering if I could help." Riley stood across the kitchen island, innocently looking at us both. She had a smile on her face but her eyes betrayed her again. She was hurt.

"No thank you Riley, we were just coming through." Mark said, running his hand through his hair. She nodded before happily going back to the living room, following him like a lost puppy.

Mark decided to break the awkward silence first. "Scarlett, never did say why you wanted to meet me again." Riley raised her eyebrow at me, almost mocklingy.

"I thought you two told each other everything." She sneered. What the hell? I looked at Mark, to find he had the same shocked expression I probably did.

"I wanted to meet Mark, not the science teacher I like."

"So why the dress?" I asked, if she didn't like 'Mark', why go to this effort?

"I thought I should look nice to meet your boyfriend Scarlett. Aren't you happy I put effort into this?" She had an underlying motive. I knew it. I just couldn't figure out what it was.

"I'm glad you're trying Riley, it just seems excessive." Riley shrugged, cooly taking a sip of her water, her eyes never leaving Mark. The whole afternoon her eyes never did leave Mark, even when she was speaking to me. It was like she thought he was going to disappear right in front of her.

~~~~~~~

"Bye Riley, I'll see you tomorrow Monday." I said as I hugged Riley goodbye. It was finally time for Riley to leave. Mark stood beside me.

"Yeah, see you then."

"It was nice to talk to you out of school like this." Mark said, taking my hand in his. I knew he genuinly meant it. Once we were past the awkwardness of the situation, we were able to talk and Riley and Mark got to know each other a bit better.

"Yeah, me too." That's when it happened. Almost in slow motion, Riley stepped in front of Mark, grabbing the collar of his shirt before placing her lips on his. Mark froze, I could feel his hand tense up in mine. Riley slowly let go, smiling slightly at Mark's slightly red lips, stained from her lipstick.

"Bye you guys!" Riley exclaimed, happliy skipping out the door.

Em, what the hell?

A/N-Thank you for 44k reads by the way? Don't know how that happened, but thank you!