Oh Great

"I'm not," James said as he walked up to me. I turned from my locker to face him.

"And hello to you too." He rolled his eyes.

"No thank you?" He asked, how was I suppose to know what he was talking about?

"I'm sorry, did I forget to mention I don't read minds?"

"I'm not telling anyone about you and Mr Harris or whatever you call him." He whispered.

"Really?" I asked, could I trust him?

"Yeah, you seem to really like each other."

"How was it this easy?"

"I'm feeling generous I guess."

"No seriously. Why? What's in it for you?" He smirked. I don't like that look on his face.

"I'll mention that to you and Mr Harris in the same room after class." I sighed, I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

~~~~

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Mr Harris sighed. I could tell he was tense around James. I tried to let him know it was okay, that James wouldn't tell but he didn't dare look in my direction, which in my opinion made it more obvious.

"Scarlett, James, stay behind please." This is it. This is when I have to say goodbye to Mr Harris for forever. Too dramatic? I know James said he'd keep us a secret but there's a condition. What if that condition was too much for Mr Harris to do? I looked up to see Mr Harris and James glaring at each other.

"Mr Harris," I said, he ignored me, keeping his eyes fixed on James. He was a lot angrier than James. He had a frown fixed on his face while James had his cocky smirk on.

"Mark!" I ended up shouting. He slowly turned to look at me.

"Scarlett, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Making us get caught and putting you in this situation."

"Mark, it's fine. Anyway, James has something to tell you." Mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. I looked expectantly at James.

"I'm not telling anyone about you and Scarlett."

"Thank you," Mark grinned.

"There's a condition, though." Mark's face fell.

"What is it?"

"I don't have to do any homework and I get a B for everything."

"That's it?" I asked.

"Absolutely not," Mark growled.

"I'll just make a nice trip to the head teacher's office then."

"Mark, think about it," I warned him. "It's only for four months. Think about the consequences that'll happen if you say no." Mr Harris sighed.

"Okay, I'll do it," James grinned, he looked like the cat that got the cream.

"Okay, don't get more arrogant if that's possible," I said.

"I won't," James said goodbye to me and Mark. Both of us let out a deep sigh as soon as we were left alone.

"Thank god." Mark relaxed.

"I knew he wasn't going to tell anyone but that condition was weird."

"I think it was quite sensible actually. Why wouldn't you want a free pass for a class?" I laughed.

"You probably shouldn't be saying that as a teacher."

"True, but as your boyfriend, I can say it."

"I still love calling you that." He smiled and walked over to me.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." He said, pecking me on the lips between each saying.

"I love you too."

"I've just realised something."

"What?"

"We've not had a tutoring lesson in ages." I giggled at the thought. I forgot about that, the reason we got closer in the first place.

"We could always have one at your house later?" I smirked at him.

"I think we could do that. I could teach you some things." He gave me a long kiss before kissing my cheek.

"I'll see you later."

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." I left the classroom to see James at his locker. I walked up to him.

"Thank you. I seriously owe you one."

"I got something out of it and it would be too much hassle to say anything anyway."

"Still, thank you. You save us."

"I think that's a bit dramatic but okay."

~~~~~~

I drove up to Mr Harris' house, taking a deep breath before taking the key out of the ignition. I still couldn't believe how close we came to not being able to do this. It reminded me how forbidden this was. But how could something so wrong feel so right? That was way too cliche, he's turning me soft.

"Just come in," Mark shouted as I knocked. I entered the house to see Mark shirtless, grabbing a new shirt.

"I could get used to this view." I joked.

"Ha ha." Mark dryly said. " I spilt coffee on myself in shock when my mom phoned me saying she needed to speak to me and you urgently. She must know something."

"First of all congratulations on the whole coffee situation. Seriously well done." He gave me the middle finger. "Second, you don't know that she knows anything. What could she possibly know?"

"I don't know, she didn't say anything."

"When will she be here?"

"Any minute now." Just after he said that the doorbell rang. Perfect timing. Mark and I both sighed while looking at each other. Let's get this over with. First James and now Mark's mom. Will it ever end?