{Chapter 7}

Chapter 7

The screech of the door alerted Rosaline of a visitor.

She looked up from her spot on the ground to barely see a woman, of slim build in a casual black dress which reached her knees with black heels, come walking in. She had dirty blonde hair that was in a pixie cut and dark blue eyes framed by thick eyelashes along with a petite nose, full lips and sun kissed skin.

Rosaline stood up and noticed how much taller the woman was than her. She looked down at the red heels she was suppose to wear and slid them on, surprised at how fitting they were. She looked back to the woman to see they were now close to the same height and looked her over again, trying to contemplate on whether she would be a threat towards her.

The girl came to a stop in front of her and lowered her head. Rosaline furrowed her eyebrows when the girl avoided eye-contact.

"Hello." She said as she raising her head slightly. "My name is Darcy but feel free to call me whatever you like if it pleases you. I have been assigned to lead you safely to my king so if you will please follow me I will take you to where he should be."

Her voice came out softly in a similar Romanian accent as the man. It wasn't hard to guess where she might be and she fought down the rage and hopelessness that tried to force their way to the surface. Instead she obediently, like the little pet the so called king wants, nodded her head and followed the lady through the cell door leaving the men who stayed put. She wanted to be as far away from that chamber as possible.

Once out they walked down a dark narrow hallway that had few lamps. They then entered through a door to come into a large dark room with lamps that lined down cells against the walls. She was a little nervous to walk down the aisle since she could clearly hear what sounded like criminals in the cells, the bars of the cells entrance seem to be the only open place so they had a good view of the two women walking. They were calling out to them with filthy things that she didn't want to hear. She was a little surprised when the docile looking Darcy strutted right down without breaking stride or flinching from the men's hands who tried to reach out and grab her. Unlike Rosaline who was a little ways behind and would yelp every time a hand got too close and she'd try to back away from it just for a hand on the other side to try and grab her.

They've reached the end and began walking up the stair's while she tried to get her heart to slow down.

They've reached the top of the stair's and through the door where she prayed for there to be actual light bulb's shining down on them but was disappointed to see the similar lit lanterns from downstairs.

"Um... Darcy? Why is it that the only light source there is are these lamp's?"

Darcy turned her head towards her, without raising her eyes, and gave her a small smile.

"I'm sorry miss but the King doesn't like the use of electricity. He likes to keep in touch with the olden day's."

"What? He looks like he is only 25! What does he know about the old days?"

She watched as the girl just bit her lip and shrugged before looking away. She rolled her eyes and left the subject alone.

"So..." She started, trying to make conversation. "What are you?"

"What am I?" Darcy asked in confusion with a hint of nervousness, not understanding what the girl was actually asking.

"Yes. Are you a maid, servant, slave, cook? Well I don't think you're a cook since you would be in the kitchen right now but you never know."