{Chapter 22}

Chapter 22

Above: Fix You by Coldplay

"A siren. A seductively beautiful or charming woman, especially one who beguiles men, who lures them to destruction by their seductive singing."

Rhyvos stalked around Rosaline who stood in the middle of his office with Abellon sitting off to the side with a glass of something in his hand. She was awoken first thing that morning and dragged straight to the room so the two men could figure out what it is exactly that they held close to them.

"You could be a danger to all men around you. Only the women can stand the call in your songs." Rhyvos continued and Abellon added in.

"We do not realize when we are under the enchantment and quite confused afterwards feeling as if we are missing something. It's quite interesting."

"Interesting? She could do anything she wanted to us and we wouldn't even know!"

Abellon gave his son a small smirk. "Yes, interesting."

Rhyvos rolled his eyes. "Have you heard of a species as this father?"

Abellon furrowed his eyebrows thinking.

"I've heard about sirens when I was young. We believed them to be an actual myth unlike us. Some would say how they've met one and how she was a queen but was murdered. Nobody could ever believe them without seeing any proof. Truthfully I don't know much."

They continued on like this, with Rhyvos circling her while asking her questions before he finally came to a conclusion.

"We will need to work on your abilities."

Rosaline tore her eyes from the wall to him with bewilderment.

"I'm sorry, what?"

He repeated himself and she could only blink at him, staring at him as if he's grown two heads.

"You want me to work on my abilities which involve me putting men under a spell or enchantment, whatever, and have them do as I say without them recalling exactly what it is I made them do when they come to?"

Rhyvos pursed his lips looking her over before nodding.

She looked over to Abellon with a raised eyebrow and he only shrugged sipping from his glass.

"Uh, aren't you afraid?"

"We fear nothing." Rhyvos stated and his father agreed.

"We can try being a distance away and wear ear protection."

"Okay, well, what am I suppose to improve?"

They stayed in the office speaking for a while before the two men finally let her go with Rhyvos telling her that they will meet up again later in the afternoon which she had to begrudgingly be okay with. She found herself in the kitchen that was being put back to order from yesterday's events. She made her way to the fridge but was stopped by Darcy who cut her way in front of her.

"Rose. I was looking for you."

"Sorry. I was with Abellon and Rhyvos in the office. What did you need?"

"You left your presents in the living room. They are now in your room."

"Oh. Thank you." She gave her a smile and went around to the fridge.