{Chapter 37}

Chapter 37

This may just be a short and crappy chapter so I apologize in advance. I would just like to be done with this book by now and I'm rushing it once again. I feel like it'll be okay if I do so since I'm going back over it when the books done anyways. I keep telling myself that I need to get through this story for you guys, if anything. Anywho, sorry in advance again.

Btw, there will probably be one more chapter after this, which will be the epilogue, before I'm done with the book. I'm sure you guys are ready for it to be over as well :^)

Continue on if you wish.

Darcy sat there on the floor with her knees to her pregnant stomach as she waited for news and for her mate to come back to her. It felt like hours of her staying in that spot as the rest of her kind in the room with her whispered to each other wandering what was happening on the other side of the doors. Whether they were winning or not. She along with the others have all heard the couple of bangs that came against them a few times as if someone or something was trying to get in making them jump in fear but it never lasted pass the couple of bangs.

She could feel her tears dry against her cheeks as she'd give a young wolf now and then who looked her way a reassuring smile as if to say it will all be okay even if she didn't think so herself. Resting her hand against her growing belly she could feel as her unborn child kicked and squirmed inside as if it could feel its mothers sadness. She felt the feeling of either a hand or foot go against her hand and she smiled as she rubbed it. A few women have stopped by to make sure she was doing well and to be sure she wasn't stressing out for it wasn't healthy for her or her baby. She knew this after being told it on more than one occasions but thanked them anyways. She knew she needed to keep calm. Her mate would always come back for her. She knew she only needed to keep hope. But it was hard.

There she sat safely in a room full of wolfs while the rest went out and fought for their life's. She didn't feel good about it. It wasn't right. Her Marlowe was out there fighting for his family and she was here.

She quickly wiped away the tear at the corner of her eye before it could escape and looked around the room again. Others like her have cried or were still crying. Some had children which they held close to their chests and others had friends which held their hands as they comforted each other.
Letting out a sigh she turned her eyes to the doors and decided to stare them down until they open. She imagined them opening and all of the men or women who fought flowing in and running to their loved ones to check and make sure they were alright. She imagined them all reuniting. Couples would kiss and hug and look the other over just to be sure.

And then her Marlowe would walk through the doors like her white knight in shining armor. He would stop and search around the room with his eyes before they'd stop on her and he'd give her a breathtaking smile that would cause her to pause and stare in awe before she would get her sense back and stand to her feet quickly with a grin. She would run to him as best she could in her state and he would have his arms opened wide to bring her into a warm embrace that she was in need for. He would meet her half way and swoop her off her feet before spinning her around in circles causing her to giggle like a little girl.
He would then put her down and take her face into his warm hands and look her in the eyes letting each see the tears of happiness in the others before he would lean down and give her a gentle loving kiss. She imagined him then pulling back slightly only for him to whisper in her ear, "Let's go home, my love." And she would cry in relief before nodding and they would leave to go and forget that any of this ever happened.