{Chapter 23}

Chapter 23

Sorry for the late update. I was on vacation and didn't have the time to write. I'm already working on the next chapter so no worries :^)

A knock on her bedroom door had Rosaline shooting up from where she laid comfortably snuggled in her covers on her bed and she looked around in confusion at first, not knowing where she was before understanding hit her. The head phones that she was listening to music with sat beside her in a tangled bunch. They must have fallen out when she fell asleep. She rubbed her eyes and yawned still feeling tired even after the nice nap she just took. Why was she even awake? Another knock coming from the door answered her question and she begrudgingly got out of her warm bed and walked over to the door swinging it open.
Darcy stood close to the entrance and immediately backed up when Rosaline leant against the door frame with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes Darcy?"

An embarrassed blush came onto Darcy's cheeks an she nervously played with a piece of her hair.

"I'm sorry for intruding. I know you must be tired and all but i was wondering if you would like to help me with something."

Rosaline furrowed her eyebrows.

"Help you with what?"

Darcy's gaze remained on the ground when she spoke.

"This might seem a little ridiculous in a way but the fight has gotten me thinking. Before I met up with you on that day I was roaming the halls on my own in fear of being attacked and killed. There was no one to protect me from it happening and I was scared. I was scared that I would end up just as my folks. Only, they had each other. I have no one."

Rosaline opened her mouth to comment on that but the words left her when Darcy gazed up at her.

"I don't mean it in the way I'm completely alone as in having nobody because the people surrounding me I count as family and I know I can depend on. What I meant is..." Darcy bit her lip and concentrated on her fingers. "I don't have a mate. I don't have the one person who could take care of me for the rest of my life and make sure nothing happens to me or die trying. I can barely remember my mothers and fathers relationship and it is something that I want." Darcy brought her gaze back up to her. "I was just wondering if you could help me find a mate. I can understand if you are not able to with my king and his father who will be training you and so you'd be to tired. You were just the first person I thought of coming to for this. I know that you are only human and have no experience with this kind of stuff but I thought it was worth a try."

The rest of Rosaline's grogginess left her from what Darcy was asking for. She stared at the girl for a few minutes before opening her mouth.

"You want me" she pointed to herself "to help you find a mate?"

The blush upon Darcy's cheeks darkened as she nodded and quickly added "But you don't have to. You were just the first person I thought of."

"Okay"

"And I know that my king will have you busy and so I don't expect you to comply. You know, it's all so silly."

"I'll do it."

"I was just wanting someone close to me and to protect from the dangers of the world you know? But, it doesn't matter. This is probably the safest place I could be. I have you guys and-"